Well the house is up

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Well guys our house is on the market so if any of you decide not to go to Adelaide and to move to Belfast instead I have a lovely 3 bed semi ready and waiting :biglaugh::biglaugh:

So this is where the stress begins, mine is the 3rd house in the street for sale but I took my agents advice and put mine up for 25 grand less than the other two. one of them has been on for 6 weeks with not 1 viewer so hopefully my lower price will tempt someone

I could cry at the thought of it. we were selling 3 years ago and had an offer within week but buyer sale fell thru so we didn't sell, 2 years ago it was up again and although we were offered £20,000 above the asking price within 3days we couldn't find anything we could afford. So I am glad we didn't sell then as we originally going to move further out of Belfast and now we want to immigrate the area we live in has always been one of the most sought after in Belfast. But when 10 months ago a house in my street identical to mine (as they are all pretty much the same) sold for £310000 it's a bit hard to swallow the fact that our's is now on for £65 grand less and the agent thinks we will be offered even less than that.

So the working out of our finances between last summer and this summer has left us roughly £70,000 worse off and that before the crappy exchange rates and the houses in Adelaide going up!!!! So instead of our lovely 4 bed 2 bath house with no mortgage whe will probably have a 3 bed 1 bath with a mortgage.

Funny thing is tho I just want this damn house sold so I can get out there and start my new life, am I mad or what!!:goofy:

Guest the4hopes

All the best in selling, things have to start moving soon.

We've had ours on the market for 7 weeks, 3 viewings, estate agent last week asked us to drop the price!(not yet) They have put in in our local paper twice!! They say the internet sells better!! They aren't even advertising at all in the paper next week...to cut costs!! Also they havent been advertising as 'chain free' because I was supposed to put this in writing at the beginning,but obviously never told.Although the EA knew our position because he spent 1 1/2 hours with me talking about Australia and how much he wanted to go!!!

I am told most weeks, yes the house should be in the paper next week but someone else deals with it! Its a small office but its amazing how the information doesn't seem to get passed around!

Sorry to moan but hopefully you will have someone better dealing with you,we are locked in with this office until 18th June so hopefully we will have sold by then.

I know we will!!! And so will you.

Laura x

Guest caoimhe
All the best in selling, things have to start moving soon.

We've had ours on the market for 7 weeks, 3 viewings, estate agent last week asked us to drop the price!(not yet) They have put in in our local paper twice!! They say the internet sells better!! They aren't even advertising at all in the paper next week...to cut costs!! Also they havent been advertising as 'chain free' because I was supposed to put this in writing at the beginning,but obviously never told.Although the EA knew our position because he spent 1 1/2 hours with me talking about Australia and how much he wanted to go!!!

I am told most weeks, yes the house should be in the paper next week but someone else deals with it! Its a small office but its amazing how the information doesn't seem to get passed around!

Sorry to moan but hopefully you will have someone better dealing with you,we are locked in with this office until 18th June so hopefully we will have sold by then.

I know we will!!! And so will you.

Laura x

Our agent is a long time family friend who knows what it means for us to get it sold, so I trust him

Hope your's gets sorted tho

Guest Blackcat

I know how you feel, ours has been on the market for one year this month, and no offers, we are in Adelaide though been here six months, never dreamed it would still not be sold, we have made lots of price reductions and have just reduced it again by £20,000, its heartbreaking, but like you say got to get it sold and until we do can't buy here and settle properly. Wish we had put it up for a lot less to start with, but you never know what the market is going to do, it will be worth it though when you get here!

Gina

Guest The Hadleys

Hi

My house has been on the market for 5 weeks, lots of viewing but I think they all were nosy neighbours. Our visa was granted March 26th and I just want to go. I'm so fed up, so today out of pure frustration I rang the agent and lowered the asking price by almost £20k. We too were hoping on a big 4 bed with 2 bathrooms, swimming pool, tennis court etc., but looks like will have to settle for a shed with an outsde loo. I'm trying to keep positive but its getting more and more difficult by the day. Good luck everyone. x

Guest aroundoz

I really do wish you all well in your venture but as stated im my previous thread slightly earlier...this is not the dream town you imagine...12-15 guys running down a restaurant strip in the city shooting at each other and most locals i have spoken too have said thats about the 5th time in the last few years and dont seem surprised....this is not UTOPIA and has all the problems of the UK it is not like other parts of OZ believe me...just dont get dissapointed on arrival...give it what youve got and make the best of the good things

Guest aroundoz

Police have played down any suggestion that gang-related violence is on the rise in South Australia, in light of a gun fight involving bikie gangs in the heart of Adelaide early yesterday.

Assistant Commissioner Tony Harrison says the public should not be too worried about the potential for reprisal attacks.

Three men were taken into custody after the shoot-out in Gouger Street, but later released.

Police say the violence in the city restaurant strip involved up to a dozen people and 15 shots were fired from semi-automatic weapons.

The Assistant Commissioner has supported the need for the SA Government's anti-bikie bill which is currently before the parliament.

He says police need firm backing to deal with outlaw bikies.

"I think it's very, very typical of their total disregard for the law in general and I think it's very, very typical of their involvement in drugs, firearms and this gang-type mentality, so the proposed bill that's currently before the Upper House I believe will go a long way to providing the tools that police need in relation to breaking up the very strong associations that exist between gang members," he said.

HOW CAN YOU PLAY THIS DOWN!!!!

I have seen massive social deprivation in Sydney, melbourne and Darwin. Look at what happened in Sydney with the racial tensions leading to gang rapes and violence. Melbourne has its massive crumbling state housing blocks that lok like those in Russia etc and a massive "underbelly" of gangs and crime. In Darwin there is a massive culture fuelled by heavy drinking and the aborigines live in what look like a group of toilet shacks on wasteland. Every capital city has its violence, its bikies, its varied racial tensions and sadly to say poorer areas of poorly educated people.

I have lived in Adelaide for 25 yrs in total and the number of massive big headlining crimes is about 5, 2 or 3 child abductions, the odd murder, usually domestically fuelled and the bikies. Adelaide is no small country town, nor a middle class development where every one has a nice job and can afford a nice house and everyone has the same values. Australia is so mixed I think what you are calling the "real Australia" is what you are looking for and what you like and it is not here. However lots of people love to call Adelaide home and are proud of SA and many migrants come here, like it and prosper. It wont suit everyone for sure, but for some it is the only place on offer and they need to keep positive about that. Adelaide is not the crime capital, nor the economically deprived backward place it sometimes gets labelled with. It is actually possible to live in Adelaide and not really see much of this crime and social deprivation if you don't, live, frequent or work in these areas., or it spills over into your nice suburb, schools , shopping centre etc. Just as it is possible to live in QLD NSW or even London and say what social deprivation?, what crime, there is none in this area, we are all nice peole here......

I'm sorry you have not enjoyed your Adelaide experience, but there you go its not for everyone.

Guest aroundoz

My argument is statistically based not emotivally driven....SA highest unemployment....highest serious crime per capita... lowest incomes leading to economic deprivation....im pleased your happy but these are facts.

Yet statistics are just that, they are numbers, not people. Statistics state eg, 1 in 3 will be mugged to day, that means 2 will not. Depends what you are looking for really a glass half empty or a glass half full.... SA has lower incomes because it has been traditionally cheaper to live here, than in some states. SA's employment stats are not the highest, SA's economy is still strong, real estate is holding its own whereas other states are now experiencing a downturn. These arefacts too. My argument is also not emotionally driven. I have lived here for some time, seen what happens in other states and from a long term perspective SA is no worse than what is on offer elsewhere and it really comes down to personal choice.

Guest The Pottertons

No you're not mad, in fact ide say you were completely sane- afterall you cant put a price on happiness! Hope you get a buyer real soon! Yvonne xx

My argument is statistically based not emotivally driven....SA highest unemployment....highest serious crime per capita... lowest incomes leading to economic deprivation....im pleased your happy but these are facts.

bloody hell you wanna live where we live thats a walk in the park:policeman:

Guest the4hopes
Police have played down any suggestion that gang-related violence is on the rise in South Australia, in light of a gun fight involving bikie gangs in the heart of Adelaide early yesterday.

Assistant Commissioner Tony Harrison says the public should not be too worried about the potential for reprisal attacks.

Three men were taken into custody after the shoot-out in Gouger Street, but later released.

Police say the violence in the city restaurant strip involved up to a dozen people and 15 shots were fired from semi-automatic weapons.

The Assistant Commissioner has supported the need for the SA Government's anti-bikie bill which is currently before the parliament.

He says police need firm backing to deal with outlaw bikies.

"I think it's very, very typical of their total disregard for the law in general and I think it's very, very typical of their involvement in drugs, firearms and this gang-type mentality, so the proposed bill that's currently before the Upper House I believe will go a long way to providing the tools that police need in relation to breaking up the very strong associations that exist between gang members," he said.

HOW CAN YOU PLAY THIS DOWN!!!!

What time of day did this happen? Was anyone hurt?How many witnesses? Were you there?

Its amazing what can 'happen' to bring in bills so it makes us believe we need protection from the government, I'm not saying anything is staged for this purpose but we must think outside the box when things do happen, our uk government are doing their best to make us feel we need them to protect us eg.CCTV, identity cards...

Last year when Gordon Brown became PM 2 car bombs were found in cars in London!!??

All the media needs to do is blame any type of group for trouble and the country hates these people whether innocent or guilty.Where is the proof? We just believe what we are told! Its just like when a child is told something at school about what a friend has said about them, then they don't like them,did they hear the friend say it?

Just something we all need to think about!

Also I don't think any of us feel Adelaide is 'Utopia' I think we are slightly more intelligent than that. We just want to have a change,and enjoy ourselves.

No offence, just giving my point of view.