Well done Onkaparinga!

I was at the Noarlunga library today and called in at the Onkapringa council building. I reported two potholes in a road on a route that I travel on to my home. Friendly helpful people at the council...

On my way home 30 minutes later I passed the workmen clearing up...road fixed....now that's a brilliant response!!

it's easy to complain when things don't get done but this response was just outstanding.

Well done Onkaparinga! (and in this weather as well) :smile:

I think they are scared of you Tamara. They seem to jump every time you ask :notworthy:

I think that it's just good service.

As they said at the customer service desk...they can only fix things that they know about....and they need people to let them know there's a problem. Most people don't take the time or make the effort.

I was chatting to the Onkaparinga mayor yesterday (yes I know how that must sound) and she was saying that the only service that the council are mandated to provide is roads - they have no obligation to do anything else, including footpaths, libraries etc, etc. She was also lamenting at how serious their cut in funding from the federal government is over the coming years. Basically any funding for preventative services is slashed and some large charities providing valuable care in the communities are going to have to find their funding elsewhere as the council have not been given the resources to continue to help. But getting back to the main point - our roads will be fine!!

NWM

well it does appear from your experience that the council is very good at repairing things quickly, however if its not anything to do with the council do not hold your breath, I am still waiting on that light repair across the street reported it months ago if you remember we had that conversation, its not owned by the council apparently the depart of infrastructure so it would appear they are totally different, why some street lights are owned by the council and some no is anyones guess :arghh:

I was at the Noarlunga library today and called in at the Onkapringa council building. I reported two potholes in a road on a route that I travel on to my home. Friendly helpful people at the council...

On my way home 30 minutes later I passed the workmen clearing up...road fixed....now that's a brilliant response!!

it's easy to complain when things don't get done but this response was just outstanding.

Well done Onkaparinga! (and in this weather as well) :smile:

Definitely great service - miles better than the UK!

The road sweeper goes up and down our road as well probably around every 2 weeks, we are very impressed with the level of service we receive here in general from our local council, compared to our UK local council. Our council rates are getting on for almost half here compared to what we used to pay in the UK and we were in the cheapest band (A), yet our Adelaide home is worth far more than our UK property.

well it does appear from your experience that the council is very good at repairing things quickly, however if its not anything to do with the council do not hold your breath, I am still waiting on that light repair across the street reported it months ago if you remember we had that conversation, its not owned by the council apparently the depart of infrastructure so it would appear they are totally different, why some street lights are owned by the council and some no is anyones guess :arghh:

Here is the link for reporting faulty street lights within South Australia https://slo.apps.sapowernetworks.com.au/

There were two street lights out in our road. One of them was fixed very quickly but the other one was more of a problem for them. The entire top assembly that held the light needed to be replaced. They gave me a call and apologised for the delay and this morning the big cherry picker arrived and replaced all the light assembly.

Sorted!

I think that it gets a bit complicated when different departments are involved but I can't fault the service (my own experience).

I used to live in a big city (3,5 million people) and saw services decline to the point of collapse. I believe in a "broken window policy' where reporting and fixing the samll issues prevents decline and them becoming bigger ones... It just takes a little effort and time....and don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen right away.

I haven't seen a pot hole this side of the expressway. Can't they make roads properly down south.

[h=1]Troll (Internet)[/h] From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20px-Padlock-silver.svg.png

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

• 7 months later...

I have recently had more great service from the Onkaparinga council.

The rail extension for the Seaford line resulted in the area outside my daughter house in Port Noarlunga becoming pot holed due to heavy machinery being parked on the verge. I use this area to park on every day and it was impossible to park your car opposite her house. All attempts to get the construction company to fix their damage proved to be fruitless. I asked the council if they could help and within a few days the problem was solved.

Wonderful service!:smile:

Same story as before...they can only fix things that they know about so please take the time to report things.

These are the before and after pics...

IMG_0590-001.JPG

IMG_0591-001.JPG

DSC01511.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01513.jpg