Krispy Kremes are here

flossybeth

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/adelaides-first-krispy-kreme-store-is-set-to-open-today-what-would-you-do-to-get-the-first-taste/story-fnii5yv4-1226977704116

So how many of you have joined the queue?

I think there are so many bakeries around already that sell all sorts of yummy fried/baked deliciousness that I really wouldn't need to wait outside for 2 days.

A lot of you drooled over 'Ben & Jerry's' coming to town, then most of you seem to hate some other form of junk food when that arrives.:confused: ban them all I say (except maybe the raspberry and white chocolate). Still better than talking about the great weather your having I suppose!

Keith.

PS it's raining here in Brisbane and 19deg, not that I want your sympathy though.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Mind you, in a state that worships the revolting piece of confectionery that goes by the name of a frog cake, I reckon a Krispy Creme doughnut has got to be a step up!

Frog cakes are almost exactly the same as mr Kipling's fondant fancies!

A lot of you drooled over 'Ben & Jerry's' coming to town, then most of you seem to hate some other form of junk food when that arrives.:confused: ban them all I say (except maybe the raspberry and white chocolate). Still better than talking about the great weather your having I suppose!

Keith.

PS it's raining here in Brisbane and 19deg, not that I want your sympathy though.

Pffft, bit over dramatic re the ice cream. It was a few people in a thread. Not exactly 'lots' of people. And iirc the convo turned to local makes of ice cream and other things :smile: I guess its a bit newsy re the donut shop as its a global brand that has finally branched into the city. People are familar with the brand from the UK and elsewhere.

I'm actually enjoying the weather here in Adelaide :)

As for the topic, Krispy Kremes, not a fan of donuts much. Give me a custard slice any day :cute: But can appreciate other people like donuts and might want to try out the Krispy Kreme place if in the neighbourhood. Having eaten them elsewhere in the world on occasion, I guess I won't be a patron of their store in Adelaide. But my local bakers with the custard slices.... :goofy:

Pffft, bit over dramatic re the ice cream. It was a few people in a thread. Not exactly 'lots' of people. And iirc the convo turned to local makes of ice cream and other things :smile: I guess its a bit newsy re the donut shop as its a global brand that has finally branched into the city. People are familar with the brand from the UK and elsewhere.

I'm actually enjoying the weather here in Adelaide :)

As for the topic, Krispy Kremes, not a fan of donuts much. Give me a custard slice any day :cute: But can appreciate other people like donuts and might want to try out the Krispy Kreme place if in the neighbourhood. Having eaten them elsewhere in the world on occasion, I guess I won't be a patron of their store in Adelaide. But my local bakers with the custard slices.... :goofy:

Havn't found a decent custard slice here in Aus yet, nearly every bakery I pass I try in the hope but alas no:sad: the best one was from the Coffee Club once and once only, same with custard pies, they do not use an egg custard. Also why don't they have Bramley apples for their apple pies? all these not haves make you turn to donuts!!

We had a Krispy Kreme doughnut here in the UK the other day. They were okay but nothing special. I prefer the glaze doughnuts from the kart in Rundell Mall. Although the best doughnuts are always the ones you get from the carts where they fry them to order so they are still warm. Mmmmm......

We had a Krispy Kreme doughnut here in the UK the other day. They were okay but nothing special. I prefer the glaze doughnuts from the kart in Rundell Mall. Although the best doughnuts are always the ones you get from the carts where they fry them to order so they are still warm. Mmmmm......

There was a programme on the other week (called 'the people that make us fat' I think) a random selection of donuts and the most common one selected was the glazed one, apparently it has the perfect blend of fat and sugar that a human desires. So NicF you are common member of the human race:notworthy:

There was a programme on the other week (called 'the people that make us fat' I think) a random selection of donuts and the most common one selected was the glazed one, apparently it has the perfect blend of fat and sugar that a human desires. So NicF you are common member of the human race:notworthy:

Glaze are the brand rather than the type. And I actually prefer the fresh ones that aren't glazed at all (you know the ones in the little carts that they have at seaside locations and fair grounds where they pipe a ring of dough in to the fat and it moves along to the end then gets dumped in to the sugar). Not that I eat doughnuts very often.

OOh what's that place near where the Big Lobster is? We had some freshly made doughnuts there and they were AWESOME (and some very tasty and fresh fish and chips the same day iirc - we were on a healthy eating day!!!)

Well, not actually there but at the seaside place that's near there!

Havn't found a decent custard slice here in Aus yet, nearly every bakery I pass I try in the hope but alas no:sad: the best one was from the Coffee Club once and once only, same with custard pies, they do not use an egg custard. Also why don't they have Bramley apples for their apple pies? all these not haves make you turn to donuts!!

Have you tried the Cottage Bakery in McLaren Vale - choice of either custard slice or custard pie, I think the slice is more of a confectioners custard but the pie definitely looks like it ought.

And I started the thread more in astonishment that people would queue for 2 days for a doughnut rather than the Krispy Kreme aspect.

And I started the thread more in astonishment that people would queue for 2 days for a doughnut rather than the Krispy Kreme aspect.

I reckon it was more a case of getting a year/month's supply for those that got there first that caused the queue. Some people would stand in line for a month if there was something free at the end of it ...