News From Oz

Guest Django

Guest Django

So we lodged our visa 27th October and got a case officer 6th March. The next thing to hear is that we have or have not got the visa, yes??? No.

The email this morning says its now ready to be passed onto the decission maker. Well pass the bloody thing on then. I got all excited this morning when I saw the email and kinda got deflated when I read it. The question now is how long to wait now? I thought we had done all the waiting.

Yes, looking at the positive side we know they have everything and someone will make the decission sooner rather than later but what a wind up. I saw it and was just about to wake the street up with the celebrating 'Whooooooooooo Hoooooooooo' etc but on opening the email it was more of a quiet 'oh, ok' I think I would rather not have had this email as at this time of the morning my body can't go through anticipation1.gif, full on excitement10.gif followed by total deflation8.gif all in a matter of a few seconds. I'm glad I read it properly first rather than see it there and wake the house up.

Pete

Guest Guest75

Hang in there Pete.

Not the best email to receive I'm sure - it seems pointless to me apart from the fact that they acknowledge you are still in the process.

Your case does seem to be taking a long time - last one of the "Old Guard" nearly.

I'd say it won't be long now :D:D

Pete,

Like the others have said hang in there, seems a strange way of going about it but try to look on the bright side. You will get that email real soon and im expecting to hear the shouts down here!!:arghh:

You will soon be there making headlines about attacks on old ladies on the green in front with your 4 iron and your balls:huh:

Keep smiling and stay positive. Need you there mate to get the Gallahs up and running!!!

Guest mOZzy

ouch - i can imagine how you must have felt :wacko:

i so agree - useless email really!!!!!!!!

but i think it's a good omen - it means you are almost at the end!!!!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

1.gif, full on excitement10.gif followed by total deflation8.gif all in a matter of a few seconds. Pete

Hi Pete

Had that feeling last weekend off the first tee has the ball left the club only to roll into a bloody bunker I didn't think I could reach,

Seriously you can't be far off now I'm sure they are letting you know that you are moving up the system just to keep you off their backs, keep in there it, won't be long

Guzzler

Guest The Wise Family
So we lodged our visa 27th October and got a case officer 6th March. The next thing to hear is that we have or have not got the visa, yes??? No.

The email this morning says its now ready to be passed onto the decission maker. Well pass the bloody thing on then. I got all excited this morning when I saw the email and kinda got deflated when I read it. The question now is how long to wait now? I thought we had done all the waiting.

Yes, looking at the positive side we know they have everything and someone will make the decission sooner rather than later but what a wind up. I saw it and was just about to wake the street up with the celebrating 'Whooooooooooo Hoooooooooo' etc but on opening the email it was more of a quiet 'oh, ok' I think I would rather not have had this email as at this time of the morning my body can't go through anticipation1.gif, full on excitement10.gif followed by total deflation8.gif all in a matter of a few seconds. I'm glad I read it properly first rather than see it there and wake the house up.

Pete

Hi Pete

We are in the same position now, we applied on 9th november. We phoned up on sunday and they told us we were waiting for a decision maker. I suppose it is only good news. Last hurdle and all that. This does seem to be such an unfair system I have to say. I read last night that someone who applied on the 18/11, got a CO on the 22/4 and a visa on the 26/4, two days later. How did that happen? Don't get me wrong I am chuffed for everyone when they get their visa's but shouldn't they try and issue them a bit more in date order. I'm thinking about getting a job there if we ever arrive so I understand more about the process. I would be the kindest CO ever! :D

Hope you hear very soon

Gina

Guest BAZnDAF

Pete,

How long does the dicision maker take?? does it get passed to a decission divulger after this???

Is all this supposed to speed up and help the system???

Barry

Guest Django

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. As for how long does it take?? Who knows. On the email it didn't say it had gone to a dicission maker but that it was ready to. It also stated that this could be some time. :confused:

I know we can't go until the house is sold but even so it would be nice to have the visa 'in the bag'.

And it does seem unfair that some seem to get theirs quicker than others but I think this comes down to the type of visa.

Just need a few house viewers now and I will feel like we are actually doing this.

Pete

Guest paul_smart

Pete,

Your frustration is at least nearly over. 2 months in mine has ONLY just begun!!!, just think the difficult bit is over now!

Guest Guest75

Is the decision maker here in Adelaide??.....................just say the word and I'll go and give him a chinese burn until he/she says yes:wideeyed:;);)

Guest jill wright

The email this morning says its now ready to be passed onto the decission maker. Well pass the bloody thing on then. I got all excited this morning when I saw the email and kinda got deflated when I read it.

You're nearer than most don't be so impatient .

p.s. can't wait to read your post when you actually get it

Jill

Guest caoimhe

We are in the same position now, we applied on 9th november.

Gina

We applied on 14th August and are still waiting on visa

I thought the case officer was the decision maker:confused:

Guest jill wright
I've been at it longer than most too. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

emmmm thought you seemed to have quite a large brood :biglaugh:!! Remember patience is a virue Pete

Jill

Guest Django
I thought the case officer was the decision maker:confused:

No the case officer checks evrything is in order so that the decision maker does waste their valuable time with an incomplete application.

Pete

Guest happy feet

Helllo Pete

Good luck with the house sale!!!! We in the same boat, no viewers..... thats the prob!!! Be patient, you nearly there, and so much good advice to others. Love your threads

Cara