Just Wondering.....

Guest Claire-n-tel

Guest Claire-n-tel

Just being nosey really but have noticed on quite a few time lines that lots of people plan on not making the move out here for a year and a half or more after their visa is granted and just wondered why?....like I said just being nosey!

Guest Guest75

Dunno really, everyone is different but selling a house plus "back outs" can take ages.

Took us a while getting rid in the UK - seeing your point though!!

I'd be coming across asap as the job market changes rapidly here................. lots of vacancies today.................closed doors tomorrow.

Guest Claire-n-tel
I'coming out August 15th. What's the turnaroundin getting a job. Could I be in employment by mid Sept

Hi Gidza!.....it really depends what you job is tbh, some people are finding work with no problem and some are struggling, I think generally people are advised to have enough money to last them in for 3 or 6 months without working.

What job will you be looking for?

Guest Claire-n-tel
I am a forester/environmental officer

I have no idea tbh.....i would want to have enough money to last a while without a job anyway......especially if you have family with you. Have you allowed yourself money to do that?

Guest Guest75

Gidza -- I hope you find work around Kuitpo Forest.

It's a lovely part of the world .

There are some lovely parts but then again it's a sustainable source so huge sections are cut down.

I believe there is a big plantation down by Robe as well.

Good luck.

If its anything like us.. it must be that everything is on hold until that visa has been finally been approved... and with the large recent hike in visa fees along with all the associated costs involved (£750 just for an aids test and chest X rays!!....... extortionate if you ask me) plus agent fee.. etc..it can certainly sap the bank account

After the approval then I would imagine its time to start the planning... and more importantly .. the saving of cash for this move

We had our visa granted in November last year. Flying out in 12 days to validate and then it'll be late 2015/early 2016 when we move. We have a house and business to sell, which will go on the market when we return in August and then we'll need to wait until they've sold. We also want plenty of savings with us, just incase it takes a while to find jobs. Would love to get over sooner though, but we'd rather wait and know we can support ourselves