Federal Cut$ Hurt Campaign

Jessica Berry

Guest mactac
You noticing a bad news and scare story. Amazing.

Maybe watch ABC. And you won't get to see stupid adverts, it may put you in batter place and not be the world's biggest misery/scare monger.

If you look at any story on SA economy it will not make you any less scared than this advert. Well done Jessica.

Anyone who says anything negative about anything here is jumped on. I am quite sure Jessica has a lot more of an idea of the employment situation here than most. Adelaide has a very poor economy and those being given visas will have a battle to get work in most cases (not all). People in the UK right now may come across this website and this post. Who knows although it may not turn them off the idea of coming it might prepare them for the struggle they may face. I know a nurse who has given up trying to get work here.

SA is now the worst state for unemployment - fact. There is work sure but a small amount for the population and those with connections and Australians will be first in line in most cases (not all). Again be thankful there are people like Jessica who take the time and effort to share their experience. There seems to be an 'in crowd' here who attack anyone who they don't agree with them.

Here is what people born here think of the jobs market

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2270692

Now I will just wait to be attacked as usual. :smile:

Edited by mactac

That forum makes some very valid points and is very reflective of the current situation.

I would say a significant majority of the children of our aussie friends have moved interstate, or abroad to secure work.

There is a big differance between negativity and realism.

Sue

Let's put a different slant on it, did Jessica mention the Mistubishi fuel terminal?

I never said things are good, but she only points out the bad (I am pretty certain). I have no issue in highlighting this.

Last week she put up some figures, which I showed were not all negative as was mentioned...but no comment or apology for misleading!!!!

I never said things are good, but she only points out the bad (I am pretty certain). !

I can't comment on your other two well-made points! But this I will.

I guess if nothing else pointing out the bad might make people investigate on their own behalf. I think if people only read positive stories, they might just look through the old rose tinted glasses and not bother.

Not that I really care :cool:. I only started because I thought your original post, adelaidenow, could have been a bit better phrased.

:smile: LC

I can't comment on your other two well-made points! But this I will.

I guess if nothing else pointing out the bad might make people investigate on their own behalf. I think if people only read positive stories, they might just look through the old rose tinted glasses and not bother.

Not that I really care :cool:. I only started because I thought your original post, adelaidenow, could have been a bit better phrased.

:smile: LC

But the way I phrased it has everyone talking....which is why I post like I do.

Noticed an advert about this on TV last night, not sure whether the campaign with have an impact or not. I find with all the 'spin' that goes on you never know what's what!

http://federalcutshurt.com.au/

I was sent this at work and I think it is a good idea. (BTW I am not sure any of you clicked on the link as you seem to have gone on a completely different tangent - and I don't think it is negative). I really like that the government is trying to do something about the federal government cuts. The link asks you to sign an email that will be sent to the federal government.