finally got our visa!!! woooohoooo :)

are we there yet?

thanks to everyone who has posted their experience on here, it has helped no end, today we got our visa granted!!! hope to head out to Adelaide end of jan, now the real work begins, jobs, schools, home ect, any advice on areas ect would be greatly appreciated we have 4 boys ( ones staying in the UK) 10,12 & 15 all sports mad so advice on schools that support athletics and English footie would be fab, suppose i should stop typing and start searching!!! lol, if i can help anyone on their journey i will try my best, feel free to ask anything, thanks again to everyone that asks & answers questions, im soooo happy :)

well done. We are also hoping we are nearing the end of this process. How long did it take you from submitting your visa app to actually receiving the visa? We're heading across in October for our reccie with our two boys who are 11 and 13. We are in the same boat as you with so much to look into when we are there. Planned a few school visits but have to also try and narrow down the area we want to live in! Good luck with the move.

Hey everyone,

We finally got our visa through on Monday too... been waiting since April so have been walking around with a massive :biggrin: for the past two days! We've just booked our flights for November so now it's time to start packing up the house and organising accommodation in Adelaide. Does anyone know where would be a good place to start on this?

Hi Linda21, we submitted (489) end of March, read that there was around a 3 month delay in processing so didn't expect too much, got a case officer beginning of July who requested more documents then got the grant a week later!!, I'm sure you'll hear soon, good luck with the waiting!! Lol

Congrats emwatson, were going in blind!! Eeek!! Oh well you only live once, have no idea where to start, let us know how things go we're not going till jan/feb :)

thanks to everyone who has posted their experience on here, it has helped no end, today we got our visa granted!!! hope to head out to Adelaide end of jan, now the real work begins, jobs, schools, home ect, any advice on areas ect would be greatly appreciated we have 4 boys ( ones staying in the UK) 10,12 & 15 all sports mad so advice on schools that support athletics and English footie would be fab, suppose i should stop typing and start searching!!! lol, if i can help anyone on their journey i will try my best, feel free to ask anything, thanks again to everyone that asks & answers questions, im soooo happy :)

congratulations! Good for you. Best of luck.