Stupid Daylight Savings....

Lazy Cow

...stealing an hour of my sleep!

And, even worse, it means that dogs are no longer off-leash on many beaches between 10am and 8pm during Daylight Savings.

So, if you're new, or unsure, check the boards on any beach you use to dog walk. After all, you don't want the warden catching you and giving you a fine :policeman:.

I hate Daylight Savings!

Yours grumpily,

:cool: LC

ps. Did I mention clocks go forward one hour today, 5th October?

But you get an extra hour of light at night. :-)

I'm forward to this part - it will make watering my seedlings after dinner much easier. I will actually be able to see what I'm doing. And I won't need my torch when walking my son to gymnastics or home from cubs. Feeling very tired this morning though as had to get up at 6:30 to get the OH and kids off to Little Athletics this morning. Should be doing something productive right now but.....

Plenty of dogs still off leash on Sunday at west beach and Henley. More off than on I would say, and not all of them under proper control either!

Mmn, it's a bit annoying, but each person has to decide whether the pleasure in watching their dogs play off-leash outweighs the risk of being caught and fined.

We use the beaches along from Kingston Park, and for the most part, people are really good at keeping an eye on the time.

I think it's a pretty good system, because obviously as it gets warmer more people hit the beach. I don't let my dogs bother people (even though they are friendly lol!), but I think the leash laws help control the amount of dogs running all over the beach.

There are a few dog-beaches, but not many and the ones I've been to haven't been that nice. At least we do have that choice though.

:cool: LC

I really posted this thread as a reminder of the dog leash laws and simply coupled it with a quick rage!

Like Toni, I enjoy the 'secret' hours before normal getting-up time, but I get over it. And at least there's the knowledge that warmer weather is on the way.

Life is good.

:smile:LC

Guest Guest75
I knew you four were friends, but this kind of in-depth knowledge is....unsettling.

Questions should be asked. (But not by me. There are some things I just don't want to know :unsure:)

:wubclub:LC

It get's even worse................did you see "Hitler" after the party last night????

From Chopper Reid to Hitler in two shakes of a shaver...............:shocked::shocked: