ping pong

Guest kevscotoz

Guest kevscotoz

Were ping ponging back to Adelaide. :)

Only lasted 2 months 1st time around but have decided to give it another go. Has anyone come back to Uk then gone back 2 oz again, & did you find it easier 2nd time around? This time weve booked a return flight, so were going to give it a year & if we then decide its still not for us then at least we can say we gave it a fair go & come back.

Going with Cathay Pacific - anyone flown with them before? We are having stopover in Hong Kong - anyone any advice on what to see/do - only have 3 days :jiggy:

Guest kevscotoz

Few reasons - probably panic/the OMg what have we done set in. Also OH had operation just before we left & probably still not fully recovered (just bad timing). A mixture of things. But now were back, have realised we should have given it longer, so thats why were coming back. But this time, we now have better idea what to expect - yes, cost of living has gone up, plumbing wages are crap compared to uk & u have to retrain, but we'd still like to give oz another try & see what it offers us, while we have the chance. Hope this makes sense!

Hey thanks for the honest reply.

So i take it you'll be coming back to Adelaide and not trying elsewhere in OZ?

By the way - my 14 year old son has told me in no uncertain terms that he loves it here and has no intention of returning to the UK!

Karen

Guest kevscotoz

Yep, were coming back to adelaide. Our furniture is still there - it only arrived after we left! - so they (crown) r storing it for us till we arrive. Have thought about Perth but have heard so many folks saying how expensive it is - maybe we could go & have a recciev - but for the time being its adelaide. Plus we never got chance to see barossa, kangaroo island etc last time. Glad youre son loves it & hope u r loving it too.

Hey,

If you want to visit Kangaroo Island then look no further................... I work for Sealink who operate the ferries over to KI. I have booked a trip there for us and my parents when they visit in October. I'm sure one of our lovely staff members would be able to fix you up with a lovely holiday. I have also visited the Barossa when my sister was here and it is just gorgeous.

I think you just need to work through the bad/sad times when you first arrive and it will slowly begin to feel like home.

Good luck

Karen

Guest Guest75
Hey,

If you want to visit Kangaroo Island then look no further................... I work for Sealink who operate the ferries over to KI. I have booked a trip there for us and my parents when they visit in October. I'm sure one of our lovely staff members would be able to fix you up with a lovely holiday. I have also visited the Barossa when my sister was here and it is just gorgeous.

I think you just need to work through the bad/sad times when you first arrive and it will slowly begin to feel like home.

Good luck

Karen

Just got to ask.....................

Can we get a discount Karen???:notworthy::notworthy::):)

( Tyke bats eyelashes)

Finding it expensive to get away here - and we really need a hol!!!

Guest taylor family

Do you not think that !!!!!EVERYTHING!!!!! in SA is dear I have been in QLD for the past month with my family and is the best thing we ever did. Adelaide is not the best advert for Australia and if you can try brisbane and you will see the difference. just 2 small things rego $180 less petrol 9cent a lt less and I can save $540 a year and having 3 children that is a big save and you have the choice of lots to do so think hard before Adelaide.