What To Take!!!

Guest weesp

Guest weesp

:arghh:Had a practice pack yesterday, OMG, can't get nothing in my case, as we're only allowed 20kg!!!!. We come to Adelaide 12th June, how cold does winter get, not sure what to have shipped and what I will really need, eg boots, jumpers, coats, some summer wear, can somebody help me here?:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Lynn

Guest Baldock Grays

Lyn \ Andy,

The 40kg allowance applied on Singapore Airlines if you have a permy migrant visa. If it is tempory you still only get 20kg. Singapore Airlines told us all you do is trun up and show your valid visa and you can take as many bags as you want as long as the combined weight isn't over 40kg.

Hope this helps

Hi Lyn, we arrived last July and the days were sunny and mild but the nights were cold. My best advice would be to bring a bit of everything, layers are the key! T shirts, jumpers and definitely a coat for the odd very cold winter night. A lot depends on where you're staying, if you've got somewhere with heating you should be ok. Bring socks though, blooming cold in bed some nights, who cares if they're a passion killer!!!:biglaugh:

We are also on 495 Visa's and they did say that it is only a permanent Visa that is entitled to the 40kg when we phoned. However we arrived at the airport with a back up plan, being 20kg each of essential and 20kg each of non essential. We had Staceys brother with us to take the non essential if need be.

We explained to the girl at the check in desk that although it was a temporary Visa we did not intend to return to the UK and were emigrating permanently. She went and checked with a senior and they allowed us to have the 40kg.

weesp your finally leave the sunny shores of essex could you bring some of essex with you lol i miss the drive up A13 to southend to get donuts from the 3 shells shop on the sea front by the pier....anyway ive got sub class 136 visa, i went buiness class but in total i took 190kg for two adults, child and infant...as well as everyone else its only on a perm visa as im not going back to england not missing it one bit lol

well have a cool flight and might see you here one day! by the way where abouts are you going to be renting? if your going near mawson lakes send me pm we could go for a beer

alex

Guest weesp
weesp your finally leave the sunny shores of essex could you bring some of essex with you lol i miss the drive up A13 to southend to get donuts from the 3 shells shop on the sea front by the pier....anyway ive got sub class 136 visa, i went buiness class but in total i took 190kg for two adults, child and infant...as well as everyone else its only on a perm visa as im not going back to england not missing it one bit lol

well have a cool flight and might see you here one day! by the way where abouts are you going to be renting? if your going near mawson lakes send me pm we could go for a beer

alex

Hi Alex,

Glad that you are enjoying Adelaide. We will be renting in Happy Valley, not sure how far that is from Mawson Lakes. If it is nearish, we can meet up. Will keep in touch anyway.

Lynn

:arghh:Had a practice pack yesterday, OMG, can't get nothing in my case, as we're only allowed 20kg!!!!. We come to Adelaide 12th June, how cold does winter get, not sure what to have shipped and what I will really need, eg boots, jumpers, coats, some summer wear, can somebody help me here?

Lynn

Adelaide winter is much the same as the typical british summer so thick coats and jumpers:biglaugh:

When we as there last august Jeans and a jumper would suffice, although the locals had wolly hats and scarves!

I would compare it with a mild uk winters day during the day time and chilly at night. Do remember when in the wind it had a chill to it! Much like today down south and we are meant to be near summer!

Is the baggage allowance kg per person (silly question time I Know) and is each member of the family allowed to take this. So the 7 of us would have a 20/40kg case each. :wideeyed: What about hand luggage? Can the children each take their own backpack with books, crayons etc as well as adults hand luggage, you would think I have never flown before, it was many years ago!!!

Thanks guys

Is the baggage allowance kg per person (silly question time I Know) and is each member of the family allowed to take this. So the 7 of us would have a 20/40kg case each. :wideeyed: What about hand luggage? Can the children each take their own backpack with books, crayons etc as well as adults hand luggage, you would think I have never flown before, it was many years ago!!!

Thanks guys

Yes each person has the allowance and if ur flying from Heathrow each person can carry two items of hand luggage on board