Where we are today

Guest wen66

Not sure if I am putting this in the the right section....:-)

Anyway, we arrived in this lovely country one month tomorrow! Can't believe we have got this far.

I am sitting at my table, glass of Australian wine at my side, Xmas tree lights twinkling in the back ground, connected to a reasonably quick internet. Claire n tel's 'lend it' set in the kitchen cupboards.....Brilliant! Thank you guys!

We arrived on the 8th November, exhausted after a few mad hot humid sticky days in Singapore, jumped in a maxi taxi and headed south to Seaford House, Seaford Rise. I am so glad we managed to book Tyke's lovely property, especially as it's the beginning of the busy time of year. It was such a pleasure to stay there. Very airy, spacious, clean, and welcoming. We felt very much at home. Opening the blinds in the morning I could see the sea from our bedroom window, sunset on the horizon from the kitchen window. For someone who has been an inlander for the last 15 years, that was sheer heaven. My boys loved the house. So much so, my youngest burst in to tears when we were leaving. He wants to stay there again! Tyke has been awesome, can't thank him enough. We felt welcomed and relaxed.

Seaford Rise is very well positioned. There is a great shopping mall, not too far from the house (with an awesome butcher!) There is a new train line into the city. New air conditioned trains running frequently. We used the train several times before we got a car sorted. For anyone looking to move to Adelaide, it is the perfect place to start your journey or for a holiday.

Moana beach is close by, and is beautiful. We have spent quite alot of time, especially evenings beach side, kids in the sea or stuffing our faces with fish and chips from Barnacle Bills.

We have settled not too far from Seaford, in Port Noarlunga. We are still adjusting but this is only the beginning of our journey, so who knows where we sill end up but until then, this is home.x

Guest Guest75

It's been a real pleasure to meet you guys ( even though you are crap at maths!).:biglaugh:

As I said - you will make it here with your lovely positive attitude - onwards and upwards,you are Australia's gain:notworthy:

Hello Wen66

We have been here for three months now. We also stayed at Tykes beautiful house in Seaford when we first arrived. When we were due to move out our long term rental plans didn't go to plan so Tyke put us up in his Woodcroft house. We had a fantastic first few weeks there and Tyke made us feel very welcome. He really is a lovely guy. So Tyke if your out there - we miss you and your boat and fishing stories. We are now living in Glenelg and Lewis has landed a teaching position at a school in the city. We hope to catch up with you again soon. Thank you for all your help and support.

Guest Guest75
Hello Wen66

We have been here for three months now. We also stayed at Tykes beautiful house in Seaford when we first arrived. When we were due to move out our long term rental plans didn't go to plan so Tyke put us up in his Woodcroft house. We had a fantastic first few weeks there and Tyke made us feel very welcome. He really is a lovely guy. So Tyke if your out there - we miss you and your boat and fishing stories. We are now living in Glenelg and Lewis has landed a teaching position at a school in the city. We hope to catch up with you again soon. Thank you for all your help and support.

:embarressed::notworthy:

Good to hear you are doing well.

Great news about Lewis landing a position.

If we don't see each other before - have a great first Aussie Christmas!!!!

Guest Guest75
For the OP's requirements.
For anyone looking to move to Adelaide, it is the perfect place to start your journey or for a holiday.Thats what the OP is saying and I personally don't agree.

What suburb did you choose Jimmy?

Edited by Diane

Hi wen it's great to hear your getting on well. How's the job hunting going? I bet you don't miss our awful weather we've snow forecast for tomorrow. Hopefully everything will fall into place for you.

All the best Niall

Hi Niall, how are you guys? Getting sorted for your big move soon? We're doing grand. Definitely don't miss the weather:-) Give us a shout when you get here.

Guest Guest75

Grange......Why?

Just wondering where you lived and and what suburb you were comparing to Seaford Rise.

Nice enough area - expensive and too busy for me.:biggrin::xmas15::xmas15:, comparing to a corner Hallett Cove if ya wonder where I live.

Just wondering where you lived and and what suburb you were comparing to Seaford Rise.

Nice enough area - expensive and too busy for me.:biggrin::xmas15::xmas15:, comparing to a corner Hallett Cove if ya wonder where I live.

We do like Hallett cove , we stayed in kingston Park when we arrived and could walk round the corner to hallett cove

this is a great positive post for you Tyke.

Annoying though Tyke's posts can be (:biglaugh::tongue:,), he - and Mrs Tyke! - are fantastic people, who seem to go above and beyond for people who stay in their homes.

And going simply by the posts from / about Tamara (Homes Down Under) I'm guessing he's not the only one.

:notworthy::wubclub: to you both.

LC

Edited by Lazy Cow
Argh! Forgot to add emoticons! Love you Tyke!

Seaford Rise is very well positioned.......................... Really! for what?

Hi Jimmy

Tykes house in Seaford was very well positioned for everything we needed to do when we first arrived. Within walking distance from shopping centre, beach and library. By car we were minutes away from train link to the city, Port Noarlunga, shopping centre, beach and cafe's. About ten minutes from Christies Beach for our new driving licence and with Hallett Cove close by for its shopping and bank. Although we didn't settle in Seaford the house and area allowed us to recoup after our long flight while enjoying the most amazing sunsets and sea views.

I bet you don't miss our awful weather we've snow forecast for tomorrow.

I had a dream this week it had snowed in Adelaide. In my dream I had been out for tea with one of my Aussie friends and I was driving home and I suddenly came across houses, cars and the streets all covered in snow, it was a winter wonderland and I got out of my car to take some photos! I think my mind is confused at the moment about what time of the year it is ha ha, I am sat in my office hearing Christmas songs on the radio all day and I must be dreaming of a white Christmas, definitely know that is not going to happen in Adelaide! :biggrin: