Book now / leave it later....?

Bailey

Hi guys

In July next year I hope to fly back to UK for holiday - I have noticed that flights are a lot more expensive...looking at Emirates /Singapore atm

Is it because of the Aussie $ falling??? 3 years ago I went back and it was around $1700 - it is now around $2,500...i'm flying into Frankfurt from Adelaide and then a week later onto London.

I have checked out London 1st and it only comes out slightly cheaper....

Not sure what to do - in the past I have always booked up early - I may consider leaving it for a while and hopefully I may see a reduction!!!!

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Fiona

July is UK school holidays so fares will be higher, we tend to go earlier, normally June (next year will be May for a wedding) prices are usually lower at this time, when we were looking the prices were high so we waited knowing that they would come down and they did some 3 months ago, under $1500 Brisbane to London, but you may have missed the boat those prices, could you look at changing your travel dates? At this moment in time I can not see the prices dropping much, and really only usually will go up the nearer your travel date is, but with the oil price dropping then who knows. The price your seeing now has nothing to do with the current $ rate as the weakening $ is only very recent.

Google up 'best jet' and play around with your dates a little and see what comes up.

Good luck.

Keith

Hello

As above you unfortunately missed the earlybird window for Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Malaysian and Cathay etc (for future ref this is normally from around the 15th Sep to 31st Oct when you will get the best airfare for a trip for the following European summer)

Emirates and Singapore Airlines tend to follow each other in that after the end of Oct they then start a 2nd and then subsequently a 3rd and 4th round of Earlybirds that get progressively slightly more expensive the closer you get to the departure.

We are currently on round 3 of earlybirds so availability is really tight for the cheap fares and so if you can be flexible with dates then this may help. This round will end on the 23rd Dec and then after that they will go up by another increment.

Earlybirds will finally finish up totally at the end of Feb and then you will pay whatever fare you can get which will be quite a bit higher than what you can get now

London has very high taxes so have you looked at a return flight from Frankfurt and then a cheap low cost carrier to get you between Frankfurt and London or as I say just play around with your dates if you can. As others have said July is peak season so it may just be a case of taking what you can get now or going with the Malaysian option who despite the bad rep are still a very good airline

PM me if you need help (see my signature) or as others have said I would get them booked ASAP if you definitely want to go

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest vikkiann
I booked mine a little while ago (emirates) and got them for $6100 for the 4 of us. I think they go up, rather than down as you get closer.

You got a bargain, i went July 2013 and paid nearly $2400 just for me!