Can You Sew Roo Joey Bags, Heat Bags or Donate Blankets or Towels, Please?

Lazy Cow

Fauna Rescue called me today to ask if anyone would be able to sew some heat bags and roo joey bags.

I'm not great at sewing (and that might be an understatement) but they seem pretty straightforward. Unlike the teddies lol, they would be so grateful for as many as possible as the animal charities are sharing resources. That means that whilst I would drop them off to Fauna Rescue (FR) , FR will share any needed with the Koala Hospital, SAVEM, Adelaide Zoo, Minton Farm (I think) and so on.

So, the heat bags - cotton outer, loosely filled with rice, varying sizes please but smallest the size of a 1litre container of milk, largest the size of a 3l milk container. The optimum size would be between the size of a 1l and 2l container.

Roo joey bag - inner cotton liner, outer a stronger, heavier material. Size just over 1.5m square, leaving one end open(duh!) Here's one design, if you want to get fancy ;): https://wildlifevictoria.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#500000007s546LZxC1QfiNsR53.22QUlSC3hhXY=

The Zoo is caring for some of the roos, on behalf of Fauna Rescue, and they are going through blankets and towels fast as. If you can donate either of these, that would be greatly appreciated.

Fingers crossed you can help. Apparently the need for help is going to continue for some weeks, although FR found a physically unscathed koala today (she was stressed as and in a dead tree :frown:) and there are trees that have come through the fire and are expected to be producing buds etc within the next 6-8 weeks :smile:

Thanks,

:notworthy: LC

I love to recycle, so I have some bed sheets and a large fleece blanket. Will make some Joey pouches based on the chair hanging one, I think. :smile:Once done, can I get them to you, LC? x

I wont knit, the little ones are liable to fall through the dropped stitches....:biglaugh:

Guest Claire-n-tel
4 Roo Joey pouches, 1 possum hanger pouch and 7 liners, made out of two big blankets, one of which was a big cot blanket.

I know it's not much, hope it helps. x:smile:x

Blooming 'Eck!.......that was fast! :swoon:

4 Roo Joey pouches, 1 possum hanger pouch and 7 liners, made out of two big blankets, one of which was a big cot blanket.

I know it's not much, hope it helps. x:smile:x

Not much? Are you kidding me?

That's AWESOME, Wen66!

Thank you so much!

(I wanted to insert numerous emoticons, but my stupid phone won't let me :/ )

I'm not far from you so pick up is no problem ... provided you are prepared to open the door to me lol ;)

<3 LC

Not much? Are you kidding me?

That's AWESOME, Wen66!

Thank you so much!

(I wanted to insert numerous emoticons, but my stupid phone won't let me :/ )

I'm not far from you so pick up is no problem ... provided you are prepared to open the door to me lol ;)

<3 LC

Hi LC, not a problem, you're welcome to stop for a cuppa too:smile:

Pm when suits you. I'll pm you with my address.x