Mobile & iPad Contract

DebbieG

Hi - I unforyunately entered into a 2 year contract for an iPhone & iPad with EE here in the UK just prior to our finding out about my Hubby's new job. I am only 4 months into the contract, so it looks like I am going to have to buy it up, have them unlocked either here or in Whyalla and then get a new contract over there? Will it just be a case of getting a new SIM card?

Can anyone offer any advice re contracts etc ... I just don't want to loose any of my info in the process ...

If you are going to be in a regional area, it is most likely that you will need to use Telstra. Not that they are any better than other service providers, but they seem to have better coverage in country areas than other telcos. Also, we have a "blue tick" phone, which is recommended for use in regional and country areas.

You can buy a Sim quite cheaply at most large supermarkets and use that. If you want to keep your details, you will have to save them to phone rather than Sim. I prefer to use prepaid rather than a plan, you can get good value, and it does depend whether you will have a landline or use Skype or similar for most of your calls overseas.

It is best to get your phone unlocked before you leave, as it it much more difficult to do here. There are not the stalls that "unlock your phone", cheaply

We were in a similar boat, had a year to go on two expensive contracts. Get your phones unlocked, definitely.

We took out re paid sims with Boost, definitely better deal, than other plans we looked at. x

Don't bother with anything but wi if for the I pad. Most phone contracts here allow you to tether to your phone. I just use my virgin phone hotspot and link my I pad to it if I need it out and about. Hubby has a different provider but can still do it. We went with a month by. Month sim only deal so we can change it easily.

You can get in touch with EE and reduce your plan.

Each provider will reduce it by either 1 or 2 tarrifs I think, won't save a load but better than nothing.

Also, check on eBay to unlock your phones, there is also an app that you pay about £1 per unlock code you just enter a certain number that they advise how to find on your phone.

We have add ons for our UK numbers but it costs. I don't use mine at all, OH keeps his for UK calls.

Also EE reduced both our contracts by £10 a month when we contacted them about cancelling. Give it a go, then will make pay off cheaper in the end.

As I said above we both have Boost pre paid sims $40 top up. Bought on line and delivered in a couple of days. Got 2.5 G of data which is very handy in the land of awful internet connections:-) ( No Broadband! eek!)

We have another phone which we forgot to unlock., it's a right pain as we wanted it for our son. Wubbledoos, what app is that? Cheers.:smile: