• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Summers here

1827 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
      That is absolute bull poo!! a landlord cannot legally or even flipping morally put up your rent to replace something that should already be in place!!

He/she/it is micturating up your leg!!
      On having a read up it seems the laws have changed, so that they can't do it within a fixed tenancy.
      Approx 5 years ago they certainly could as long as they hadn't put your rent up within the 6 months before. I had an agent firstly put it up just after renewal time. I contacted the tribunal who said they could as long as it hadn't gone up in 6 months before. Which i found on the Internet then too.
      Then they tried to put it up after having to spend a fair bit on the house two months after. That time I had to get the law pointed out to them as they seemed to think they could change it whenever they liked.

That's great news that the law has caught up with common sense. It did always seem crazy to me that you have a contract with xx dollars on and that could just be changed when they felt like it, but you'd struggle to move out if you didn't like it.
      Is a mummy!

842 times
      Temperature dropped to 24c right now. Wasn't sure that the forecast was going to be right.
      Blossom likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123