House sold

alexandkaren

Congrats on the house sale. That's a big thing to get sorted.

I know its not easy having to tell our loved ones our plans and it can be difficult sometimes, for all concerned. Migrating is a huge life changing thing, its going to be tougher for some than others though. Hopefully you'll find support through it all and once here in Aus, all the effort and upset will be worth it once you find your feet and settle in to life.

That's great news on the house sale congratulations. You are now one step closer. Telling family is hard. My mum was terrible, in fact she disowned me and we lost contact for 4 years. One day out of the blue I received an email from her asking for me to get in touch and she was really sorry. That was on a Monday by Friday she was here in Australia. She always says we made the right move and she was sorry for what she did. Robs parents took it very well, although they said deep down they didn't think we would go, I think that pushed us even more to prove them wrong.

My mum was with me in Sydney for 3 months whilst I was in hospital at the end of last year and she has a flight booked for April although she is trying to change it so she can be here for me on my next stage.

So please remember even though it is hard telling friends and family and some may turn nasty, others may push you, it is now your life and you have to put you and your family first. They all eventually come around and if they don't they aren't worth bothering about. Hopefully they can join you on a regular basis.