"Goldilock's" week ahead!

It's sometimes too hot and it's sometimes too cold in Adelaide but in spring and autumn we get some great "Goldilock's" weather.:biglaugh:

This is the weather forecast for the week ahead. A little too cool at night for my liking but the days will be great!:smile: Maybe an odd shower for the garden and water tanks too...

Forecast

Port Noarlunga(35.1486°S, 138.4715°E, 16m AMSL)

1. Seven day forecast

Today: Clear. Winds SE 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 20 to 30 km/h in the late evening. Mostly sunny. Light winds.
    [TABLE=class: detail, width: 639]
    [TR]
    [TH=class: empty, align: center][/TH]
    [TH=colspan: 2, align: center]MON[/TH]
    [TH=colspan: 2, align: center]TUE[/TH]
    [TH=colspan: 2, align: center]WED[/TH]
    [TH=colspan: 2, align: center]THU[/TH]
    [TH=colspan: 2, align: center]FRI[/TH]
    [TH=colspan: 2, align: center]SAT[/TH]
    [TH=colspan: 2, align: center]SUN[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Summary[/TH]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]cloudy.png?1349926776[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]mostly_sunny.png?1349926776[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]increasing_sunshine.png?1349926776[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Minimum[/TH]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]14°[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]15°[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]13°[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Maximum[/TH]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]27°[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]25°[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]24°[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]22°[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]27°[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Chance Of Rain[/TH]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]30%[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]5%[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]20%[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]5%[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]30%[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Likely Amount[/TH]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]< 1mm[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]UV Index[/TH]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]Very High[/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]-[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Frost Risk[/TH]
    [TD=colspan: 2, align: center]Nil[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left][/TH]
    [TD=class: am, align: center]9am[/TD]
    [TD=class: pm, align: center]3pm[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Wind Speed[/TH]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]11
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]10
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]16
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]17
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]13
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]23
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]19
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]20
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]16
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]19
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]6
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]11
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]6
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]12
    (km/h)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Wind Direction[/TH]
    [TD=class: direction, align: center]

ENE

[/TD]

W

[/TD]

SSE

[/TD]

SSW

[/TD]

S

[/TD]

WSW

[/TD]

S

[/TD]

SSW

[/TD]

S

[/TD]

SW

[/TD]

S

[/TD]

WSW

[/TD]

S

[/TD]

W

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Relative Humidity[/TH]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]46%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]26%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]59%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]35%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]55%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]35%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]55%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]33%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]64%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]48%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]67%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]38%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]59%[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]33%[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TH=align: left]Dew Point[/TH]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]7°C[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]6°C[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]10°C[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]9°C[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]8°C[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]7°C[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]11°C[/TD]
    [TD=class: wind, align: center]11°C[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I wish it was cooler here. It's been our wet season yet we have only had one week of rain the rest has been blue skies and 38 degrees EVERY day. We are all worrying as our dry season starts soon it's going to be a hard one. Mind you we do have another cyclone brewing.

What is the coolest it gets too in winter?

It's perfect weather at the moment. I don't believe it will rain though. It hasn't most other times they have forecast it recently. I love it when it's like this, and I really like the cooler nights. This whole summer has been mostly really lovely weather with just the odd few days of the really hot stuff.

@Ktee it sometimes gets down to 0C overnight in winter when it's clear but usually the days are pretty mild. I don't think the maximums are ever much lower than about 14C, but I'll probably be corrected.

It can get as low as 2 or 3 degrees in Port Noarlunga. The ocean keeps things a little cooler in summer and a little warmer in winter. I had a roof solar hot water system installed a few years ago and had the option of having glycerol in the system in case of freezing but it wasn't really recommended for here. I stayed in Old Reynella which is 10 km away and we were scrapping ice off the windscreen!

A really important thing to point out is that the cold in Adelaide is a very different type of cold than the UK...sounds odd but it's much colder. 10 degrees will chill your bones!

A really important thing to point out is that the cold in Adelaide is a very different type of cold than the UK...sounds odd but it's much colder. 10 degrees will chill your bones!

Do you think that's because we acclimatise though. After living in Cairns for nearly 5 years now I find anything under 25 cold.

In Melbourne it always felt colder but I think that's because we didn't have central heating or double glazing.

Do you think that's because we acclimatise though. After living in Cairns for nearly 5 years now I find anything under 25 cold.

In Melbourne it always felt colder but I think that's because we didn't have central heating or double glazing.

No, I don't think so. I moved from a warm country which had winters as cold as Adelaide's...but the cold was different.

Someone help me out! It's a different cold here.

I once spent 6 months in Weston Super Mare during winter and the kids were building snowmen on the beach...and that wasn't as cold as it gets here...although the temperature is warmer in degrees the cold just feels more severe.

I think that Cairns might be on the cards for us during Adelaide winters...the cold has a crippling effect upon my OH's muscles.

No, I don't think so. I moved from a warm country which had winters as cold as Adelaide's...but the cold was different.

Someone help me out! It's a different cold here.

I once spent 6 months in Weston Super Mare during winter and the kids were building snowmen on the beach...and that wasn't as cold as it gets here...although the temperature is warmer in degrees the cold just feels more severe.

I think that Cairns might be on the cards for us during Adelaide winters...the cold has a crippling effect upon my OH's muscles.

A lot of people tend to do that, spend summer in Melbourne and winter up here.

If you think Adelaide is colder than the UK I'm definitely keeping away lol

No, sorry Tamara I don't think it's anything like as cold here as it used to be in the UK. I had a fur lined coat in the UK that I would wear during winter, here I barely get any use out of my less warm wool coat. It is however much colder inside the houses here in winter and I get a lot more use out of blankets and fluffy dressing gowns here.

Guest wen66

It gets cold here??......It's going to feel weird when it does get cooler. We have been blessed with the best weather, ever, in our opinion....so we're not complaining,at all:smile:.....I come from the Emerald Isle originally, very used to wet cold weather, mostly wet..lol...:eek:. I love the fact, I can swim in the sea without a full wetsuit! Jeez, there's no way, you'd do that in the Atlantic...brrrr....:confused:x

You can borrow some of my thermals...I obviously feel the cold much more!:smile:

To be fair Tamara I think it can be much harder to get warm here once you are cold. Although outside is cold in winter in the UK inside is usually warm thanks to central heating. Here it's hard to keep inside warm so you are already cold before you go outside. And I do think it is a different kind of cold to the UK, just I felt colder in the UK than I ever do here. Except for sat in front of the TV in the evenings. I've never felt so cold as I did in the evenings in front of the TV winter in our rental.

To be fair Tamara I think it can be much harder to get warm here once you are cold. Although outside is cold in winter in the UK inside is usually warm thanks to central heating. Here it's hard to keep inside warm so you are already cold before you go outside. And I do think it is a different kind of cold to the UK, just I felt colder in the UK than I ever do here. Except for sat in front of the TV in the evenings. I've never felt so cold as I did in the evenings in front of the TV winter in our rental.

I know what you mean! Our first winter here was a shock. Our rental didn't have sufficient heating...just a wall split unit for the whole house. To be honest, our second winter wasn't much better in the house that I bought. One poor gas heater, rubbish insulation and a double brick house with lots of glass! It took time to reinsulate, buy some gas heating and roller shutters. The warmest place is the garage! It has been lined out and packed with insulation and it's toasty warm...you could only achieve that by filling the brick cavity houses with a pumped insulation and installing double glazing.

The autumn is tremendous, I just took the dog out and it was lovely out - clear, quite warm and fresh. The vines are turning so the area is full of autumn colours too. I concur that the winters here feel relatively colder than the UK but only because the houses are constructed very lightly. At least its a shortish winter.

With our move to Adelaide (Christies Beach) imminent, I have been looking at the weather forecasts for Adelaide on an almost daily basis - Just to get an idea of the weather we may expect when we are making all our initial exploratory outings. From this though, the thing that struck me, is how late the sun rises and how early it sets, especially in the (Australian) summer months...... looks like no 4:45 sunrises or outside being productive on the car still, at 21:30.

I'm a very early riser and love the early sunrise - But i guess when you have fearsome summer temperatures, you are glad for the sun to be below the horizon?

Do these cold winters that you guys are talking about, mean an influx of spiders indoors?

With our move to Adelaide (Christies Beach) imminent, I have been looking at the weather forecasts for Adelaide on an almost daily basis - Just to get an idea of the weather we may expect when we are making all our initial exploratory outings. From this though, the thing that struck me, is how late the sun rises and how early it sets, especially in the (Australian) summer months...... looks like no 4:45 sunrises or outside being productive on the car still, at 21:30.

I'm a very early riser and love the early sunrise - But i guess when you have fearsome summer temperatures, you are glad for the sun to be below the horizon?

Do these cold winters that you guys are talking about, mean an influx of spiders indoors?

The short days in summer here also mean longer days in winter so it's a bit of a trade off. Personally I prefer not to be woken by the sun at 4:45am and I like it dark when I go to bed at 10pm and yes the sun going down in the evening can be a relief on a hot day. The winters here aren't as cold as the ones in the UK - they just feel cold because it's difficult to get and keep the inside of the house warm.