Not long now......

samandcraig

So I just thought I would post as we have just handed our car in to the garage and are officially, car less, homeless, jobless! Ha ha!! We travel to Manchester airport on Monday and fly on Tuesday, and can honestly say I have not one single doubt in my mind!! I thought I would be panicking and feeling stressed but im completely stress free :wink: if any thing it's the most relaxed I've felt in a long time. It just feels so right....we are off to Darwin for just over a week so it is like we have a little holiday before all the stress of finding jobs, home ect on the other side, but it just really feels like we are doing the right thing :cool:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This posting reminded me of when we were ready to go, back in 2007. We sold up lock, stock and barrel, we sold our house, all its contents and car and arrived with basically our clothes and shoes, a few towels, a laptop and the belief that Australia/Adelaide would offer us a better way of life and the determination to make it happen for us. The sale of the house completed on the Friday lunchtime and we flew out on the Monday. We didn't have jobs to come to or any accommodation booked and wanted to take the time to have a holiday before we got stuck into starting our new life. I had previously lived/travelled around Australia on a WHV 10 years before we emigrated, but the OH had never been to Australia. We travelled for 31 days visiting Hong Kong, Sydney, Canberra, English friends in regional Victoria (who have now returned to live in the UK), Philip Island, Melbourne, then along the Great Ocean Road to Adelaide.

I found a photo recently that my friend who lived in regional Victoria took of our worldly belongings when we arrived at their house. It is a great reminder of where we started out and after 8 years here, where we are now.

Good luck in your new adventure.

march2007174.jpg

Thankyou all for the lovely good luck wishes, I must say that by now I thought I would be thinking "oh no what have we done!!?" But instead I'm thinking I can't wait to get out there and start this new life that's waiting for us whatever it may end up to be! I must admit PIA has helped me no end and has settled my mind in a lot of situations, so thankyou all for that! The UK is not what it use to be, so hopefully trying somewhere different will work out for us....we have no expectations, we just want to give it a try, and that's what we must do....so see you all on the other side :)

Thankyou all for the lovely good luck wishes, I must say that by now I thought I would be thinking "oh no what have we done!!?" But instead I'm thinking I can't wait to get out there and start this new life that's waiting for us whatever it may end up to be! I must admit PIA has helped me no end and has settled my mind in a lot of situations, so thankyou all for that! The UK is not what it use to be, so hopefully trying somewhere different will work out for us....we have no expectations, we just want to give it a try, and that's what we must do....so see you all on the other side :)

I think that is a great way to look at it. No expectations but a big willingness to give it a go and to try to build a life for yourselves.

Will keep an eye out for when you land :smile:

Just an update, its 3 am and I'm struggling to sleep, we are staying in the premier inn at Manchester airport and our flight is at 8.45, I'm panicking as when we took a look at the dates on the kids passports they run out next year and I believe you need to have two years on them to travel to oz??? Cant believe I didn't see that they were due to run out before!!!! I just hope they allow us to fly....has anyone else been in this position?? Feeling like an idiot!!!

I don't see why that will be an issue. Valid for two years to get your visa maybe but as long as they 3 months on it, you will be allowed to travel :) Good luck guys...See you when you get here maybe...

Thankyou...hope so, we will soon find out, think ive given up on sleep now, its just not happening!!! Xx