What's everyone up to today?

snifter

Public holiday, anyone doing anything? Or done something for the long weekend?

We had a busy Saturday as helped BIL and his family move into their new house. Quiet day yesterday, chilling at home, watching and playing cricket, son went BMX'ing also.

Today we are out and have stopped by Princess Elizabeth play park in the parkland and then moved on to the BMX track Kurrangga Park. Off for lunch out too. BBQ this evening :)

Have taken some pics as the play park has undergone a great upgrade but will post those when I am at home.

Our weekend was pretty much a normal weekend but this morning we went for a drive through the hills, past Norton Summit and back down again to Kensington Oval for a hit of cricket. My youngest refused to leave the house unless it involved hitting a cricket ball so that was our compromise. This afternoon we headed in to the city for a wander round and stopped for a cup of tea and a muffin. nothing that special really but at least it got us out of the house.

We just did the coastal walk from hallett cove to Brighton. Had a drink at the seacliff hotel and pancakes, waffles and chocolate fondue at cophenhagen then caught the train back - was fab. Dropping my parents off at the airport in about an hour - I suspect they'll sleep well for the journey back to the uk.

We just did the coastal walk from hallett cove to Brighton. Had a drink at the seacliff hotel and pancakes, waffles and chocolate fondue at cophenhagen then caught the train back - was fab. Dropping my parents off at the airport in about an hour - I suspect they'll sleep well for the journey back to the uk.

That's a beautiful walk. It's the only place I've seen a brown snake. :-D

Had a lovely drive through the Adelaide Hills and visited Cleland Conservation Park yesterday. Lovely picnic, surrounded by the wildlife, hand feeding kangaroos and potoroos. Spent hours there, weather lovely, kids had a ball all for just $50. One of my favourite places to go. Lazy day at home today...glass of wine, chilling in the hammock. Love long weekends :-)

Promised the kids I'd take them out today if they tidied their rooms over the weekend - guess what, we're still indoors and I've just discovered the teabag burst in the cup! Pt pt pt pt! :(

The tea bag bursting in the mug happens way to often to me here. The whole tea bag on string thing isn't popular in my kitchen :unsure:

Sat here pining at my screen looking at all the lovely activities your all enjoying while stuck in the rain here :frown: October can't come quick enough!!!

It'll come round before you know it :) We've got winter ahead of us here, summer is around the corner for you :)

That's a beautiful walk. It's the only place I've seen a brown snake. :-D

There were 2 sitting in the middle of the path near the turn to Sugarloaf - I turned round and went back for a coffee! Has happened to me twice now - don't think I'll ever complete that walk (not in thongs anyway).

There were 2 sitting in the middle of the path near the turn to Sugarloaf - I turned round and went back for a coffee! Has happened to me twice now - don't think I'll ever complete that walk (not in thongs anyway).

The last time I did that walk one of my thongs broke! We ended up having to get a tax back lol.

Yes I know snifter just seems the last year went so fast and now we're in the process it's dragging its heels! Never mind hopefully get a week of sunshine this summer, maybe 2 If were lucky ;-) in regards to brown snakes are they aggressive? Last thing we want is taking a bite off of one of them puppies!

Yes I know snifter just seems the last year went so fast and now we're in the process it's dragging its heels! Never mind hopefully get a week of sunshine this summer, maybe 2 If were lucky ;-) in regards to brown snakes are they aggressive? Last thing we want is taking a bite off of one of them puppies!

I've been out walking my dog along hill trails and had one cross the path directly in front of us. Thankfully the dog was on a lead else he'd have given chase and I think it would have been the end of him.

Don't fret overly. Chances are you wont be out walking your dog on hot days when they are out sun baking.

It took me 18 months or so to see one in day to day life. Hubby sees lots as he cycles up in the hills a lot on quiet roads.

Had a lovely drive through the Adelaide Hills and visited Cleland Conservation Park yesterday. Lovely picnic, surrounded by the wildlife, hand feeding kangaroos and potoroos. Spent hours there, weather lovely, kids had a ball all for just $50. One of my favourite places to go. Lazy day at home today...glass of wine, chilling in the hammock. Love long weekends :-)

Cleland is lovely. I do wish they had a bit of play equipment somewhere for kids as mine could do with a bit more 'to do' in terms of running around, climbing and stuff. He loves the animals but a good play area would be fab. Wooden fort or some such, climbing frame, sorted. Would also mean I'd be more inclined to spend longer than 3-4 hours there if I had somewhere we could break the day up in.

Mine had Friday off school too so we had a super long weekend - not that we made massive use of it - well they did: sleepovers left, right and centre (so lots of dropping off and picking up) followed by cricket at the Oval yesterday for me and my 12 year old while the girls and their Dad went off to Urimbirra Wildlife Park and Victor Harbor for the afternoon.

There was so much choice though for stuff to do, I heard on the radio this morning that they're thinking of switching the actual race day to another month because attendance numbers were so low with everything else going on, although the State Government said they wouldn't be switching the public holiday.

cricket1.jpg

Edited by flossybeth
adding photo