Wanted Down Under: Filmed in Port Noarlunga and Hallet Cove

What gets me is they only come for a week. That's barely enough time to get over the jet lag let alone get a proper feel for the place.

That is so true.

Friends of our came out from West Yorkshire on a reccie and made the decision to move here. It is so different being here on a holiday compared to living here. They lasted for 2 years and then returned.

It's important to stress that many new migrants do not settle here for a whole range of different reasons.

My own daughter has ping ponged back and forth a few times. They go for a holiday, think that it's great and then make the decision to return to her birth country. Once the holiday mentality wears off and you have the reality of everyday life to contend with then the "greener grass" on the other side doesn't appear that great...and they return!

I enjoyed my time in Hobart. I enjoyed my time in Dunedin. I enjoyed my holiday in Perth. The reality of living there is very very different from a brief no stress visit though...:smile: