Which radio station for you?

snifter

In the UK I was a radio 2 girl all the way, Terry Wogan before he retired from his breakfast show used to be the way to start my day. Then Chris Evans when he took over.

Here it took me a while to find a station I liked, mainly as the insane amount of ads drove me slightly (more) bonkers :wacko:

Anyways, finally found Mix 102.3 (or if you are me, Micks, in your head till your husband corrects you :embarressed:)

Now its Jodie and Soda in the mornings to kick start my day. Have a giggle listening in when I can and really like their chemistry and banter. Sometimes I'm a bit :unsure: as I have kids around and am not sure some things should get said when little ears are also tuned in but so far nothing has really proved too tricky to talk round when asked :cute:.

I tend then to stick with Mix most of the day then. Apart from the new hosts of the school pick up timeslot who annoy the crap out of me and so I turn the radio off if in the car.

Oh and if its Aus cricket or footy (Crows) and we are on the road, hubby has to listen to that. No ifs and buts then :rolleyes:

Anyways, what radio station or stations, or even radio shows do you like to listen to here?

I prefer more conversation than music on the radio these days (as I approach my senior years!!) - so tend to listen to either ABC News Radio (972 AM) or the local ABC (891) or Five AA (1395 AM) - unless Goers is on and then I can't turn the radio off fast enough! I like Conversations with Richard Fidler (729 AM maybe?) during the day, but the rest of the time I tend to listen to Podcasts - the Archers every morning on my drive into work, Graham Norton occasionally, and Stuff You Should Know. Classic FM if son is in the car.

Oh, I saw that Amos Gill is a morning presenter on one of the shows - keep meaning to listen as seen him at the Rhino Rooms a bit when he used to do Stand-up - even agreed to be one of his "friends" once when he was just starting out and needed a certain number in the paying audience to get his spot - and he seemed a nice guy.

I usually only get to listen to the radio when I'm in the car with my eldest son who likes to listen to Nova. If I'm in the car on my own and remember to put the radio on I usually end up listening to Nova as I know how to put it on and I can never be bothered to try and find anything else.

I still listen to Radio 2 when I'm at home - I'm listening to Chris Evans right now actually! However, the kids are now getting to the age where they've realised my music is "dinosaur" music (their words, not mine) so I'm forced to let them listen to Nova in the mornings. Not after 6.00pm though, it gets too near the knuckle...

Couldn't survive without I player radio for the BBC. I use the on demand to listen to comedy and drama mainly. I do love radio drama and this allows me to listen to anything from The classics, contemporary and new talent. That and of course my podcasts. couldn't possibly do the ironing without the Archers omnibus

Couldn't survive without I player radio for the BBC. I use the on demand to listen to comedy and drama mainly. I do love radio drama and this allows me to listen to anything from The classics, contemporary and new talent. That and of course my podcasts. couldn't possibly do the ironing without the Archers omnibus

I don't get much chance to listen online anymore. I used to listen on the BBC radio app on my phone but they upgraded it and as I was no longer in the UK, could not upgrade and the old one would not work anymore :sad:

5AA on the way to work, and then their sports show on the way home...unless it's full on cricket season, in which case it's back to the iPod!

I like listening to Leon Byner when I can, mainly during the hols. Otherwise I surf until I find an interesting talk show.

Sometimes, usually if I'm ironing, I listen to BBC comedy shows, and The Archers via Tune In radio.

@Diane...I think Amos Gill opened for Jim Jefferies recently. I'd never heard him before, but he was so funny I definitely want to catch another of his shows. At least, I think it was Amos Gill, because his name was Amos, and he told us he was on the radio lol!

:smile: LC

I still listen to Radio 2 when I'm at home - I'm listening to Chris Evans right now actually! However, the kids are now getting to the age where they've realised my music is "dinosaur" music (their words, not mine) so I'm forced to let them listen to Nova in the mornings. Not after 6.00pm though, it gets too near the knuckle...

Hehe at the dinosaur bit. I sing along to stuff and think it was only out 5 minutes ago and lo, its a 30 year old song now, often older and I am all :wideeyed:.

Thankfully my son loves Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and Queen as much as I do. Although he does like Katy Perry's songs a bit too much for my ears :wubclub:

When we first arrived I started with Mix 102 in the mornings but I'm not sure now that it's even live - they seem to have some bloke doing in-between bits so I've switched to Radio Adelaide; no adverts at all and the morning show is really good. I found it a while back and would listen to their Roundabout show (12-2) because the presenters are all from the U3A and they mostly don't have a clue which makes me chuckle and they play all sorts of music from the 40 onwards. At both 8 and 9am they have World Service news which is a good way to find out what's been going on in the World overnight. Once it gets past 2pm though and if I'm in the house I'll switch to Radio 2.

The children all seem to prefer Nova but I'm not sure I can really tell the difference between the stations once the adverts get going.

I don't get much chance to listen online anymore. I used to listen on the BBC radio app on my phone but they upgraded it and as I was no longer in the UK, could not upgrade and the old one would not work anymore :sad:

yes I did have that issue. I now have two I tunes accounts one Australian and one UK ( I still have one credit card registered at my sisters address in the UK for such things). I did have an issue with the two accounts not working properly but a genius at the Apple Store sorted it out for me. It is perfectly OK to do this and many people do but you do need to have a card registered in the country.

I originally did it to update my UK bank app, but came in useful when the I player stopped working.

Sorry but I have yet to find an Australian station to match it.

you can listen to BBC radio on other streaming apps but not on demand which means you get the overnight stuff mainly.

BBC do have Drama of the week, Comedy and other shows as podcasts though.

3D radio is good sometimes to suit my alternative rock needs but it is too hit and miss with downright weird stuff. I always put it on first in the car and then turn it over if it isn't any good (about 50% of the time) - at home the Sonos is the best thing I have ever bought, you can listen to almost any radio station in the world and XFM Manchester is always on. I can't recommend the Sonos system highly enough, you pay top dollar but the sound quality and features are worth it.