Major No No!!!

duncan-clan

hi all

i went to cleland national park today and if anyone goes there dont EVER lean into the tasmanian devil pit...as i did today to take a close up pic of it face, and it jumped up and bit me on my right hand i was very close to losing a finger...:arghh: my hand is sore and with a few holes in my hand now....i think its funny now and within 10 mins of it happening all the staff had heard what had happened to me :biglaugh:

alex

They look quite cute don't they but they are wild animals. Would you do the same with a tiger?? To be honest I think there should be warning signs up around the pit to warn visitors. Glad you came out in one piece.

The same goes for wild koalas - don't ever attempt to go near one. They are wild animals - I know of people who have been mauled by their lovely claws!

i was told after it happened that there is a warning sign (which i didnt find) all i saw was a big board that tells you about the animals..but as for the tiger thats next on my list :biglaugh: we cuddled the koalas as well today and i touched its head which i later found out they dont like it and it could of clawed me......i think im not meant to go near animals :arghh:

that could be dangerous for me as well as i could get stung by a jelly fish and if you go to the beach there is signs saying 'beware of snakes' there as well...looks like im just not safe out there in the big wide world i might stay at home and wrap my self in bubble wrap...hang on im not safe at home either ive found white tip spiders as well :arghh:

Guest caoimhe
that could be dangerous for me as well as i could get stung by a jelly fish and if you go to the beach there is signs saying 'beware of snakes' there as well...looks like im just not safe out there in the big wide world i might stay at home and wrap my self in bubble wrap...hang on im not safe at home either ive found white tip spiders as well :arghh:

I think that is the safest thing:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Django

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Sorry for laughing but it has cheered me up no end reading about your misfortune. I know, but I do have a warped sense of humour. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest cunnah10
hi all

i went to cleland national park today and if anyone goes there dont EVER lean into the tasmanian devil pit...as i did today to take a close up pic of it face, and it jumped up and bit me on my right hand i was very close to losing a finger...:arghh: my hand is sore and with a few holes in my hand now....i think its funny now and within 10 mins of it happening all the staff had heard what had happened to me :biglaugh:

alex

Sorry but i'm with Pete with the warped sense of humour!You have just had me in fits of laughter!

Fantastic!You have made my day!Got this fantastic image of it all!We too went to Cleland Park last year!Had a great day with hubby and 4 kids that was until my 6 year old decided that the rather big kangaroo that he was hand feeding was his new buddy and before i knew it he had gone behind it and was just about to straddle up on its back for a ride on leg nearly over!I went into panic as it grunted jumped up on its hind legs towering over him with its fists up ready to have a boxing match with him!

Thankfully it was just warning him!God forbid though what could have happened!We find it hysterical now but not at the time!

The only other thing that i didn't like at our day out at cleland was watching the dingoes getting fed "guinea pigs" that had been donated as unwanted pets!

The kids were horrified when these little white fluffy bundles were thrown in for dinner!Especially as they had pet guinea pigs and rabbits of their own back in the UK!

wasn't pleasant!

Thanks Alex for sharing your trip to Cleland!It was hysterical!

Gill

Guest cornish Busdriver

sorry but i gotta laugh.

Someone else who's gets bit and not just the missus, she got bit by everything.

The hotel staff were taking bets on what she was gonna get bit by next when we were there. :)

You cant beat a good zoom lence for thoughs close ups.

Sorry but thats made my day

Guest isandev
They look quite cute don't they but they are wild animals. Would you do the same with a tiger?? To be honest I think there should be warning signs up around the pit to warn visitors. Glad you came out in one piece.

The same goes for wild koalas - don't ever attempt to go near one. They are wild animals - I know of people who have been mauled by their lovely claws!

So are mechanical engineers love but sometimes you cannot avoid dealing with them!!!!!

Guest alan smallman

We went to Cleland also. It's an amazing place and the staff are soooooooooooo friendly. Highlight for me was feeding 3 kangaroos by hand and a emu at the same time! We were also lucky enough to see a wombat, and its joey poke it's head outside her pouch. We wer alone in the field with the 'roos' and just as I was taking a picture of a female, taking foood from my wife, a joey peeped his/her head out to see what was going on - Priceless!! as for the staffy-cum-min--bear tasmanian devil, I see what you mean!! It runs around like it's on speed or something. One bloke next to me was trying to call it by snapping his fingers. the guide suggested that he didn't do that as it's bite humungously exceeds the pressure of a bit from a pit bull. they really do look evil tho don't they?

couldn't get used to those bandicoots running around your feet either. Pauline had her phot taken with a Koala which was the highlight for her.

Alan

Guest alan smallman

We went to Cleland also. It's an amazing place and the staff are soooooooooooo friendly. Highlight for me was feeding 3 kangaroos by hand and a emu at the same time! We were also lucky enough to see a wombat, and its joey poke it's head outside her pouch. We were alone in the field with the 'roos' and just as I was taking a picture of a female, taking foood from my wife, a joey peeped his/her head out to see what was going on - Priceless!! as for the staffy-cum-mini--bear tasmanian devil, I see what you mean!! It runs around like it's on speed or something. One bloke next to me was trying to call it by snapping his fingers. The guide suggested that he didn't do that as it's bite humungously exceeds the pressure of a bite from a pit bull. They really do look evil tho don't they? Couldn't get used to those bandicoots running around your feet either. Pauline had her photo taken with a Koala which was the highlight for her. Sound as though you were lucky tho. Don't go swimming just in case!!

Alan

Have to admit I am in the group of meanies who burst out laughing at this!! :biglaugh: sorry as it could have been serious.

Have to say having watched the talk and feeding session of the devil at Cleland I would never go anywhere it might reach me as I saw it crunch up a kanagroo tail, hard bits and all in not very much time!! A lucky escape.

Guest Aussie pat

We have done the night walks at Warrawong Sanctuary twice. Once in 1995 and then in 2006. We can highly recommend them especially for children over 5. We couldn't believe how many animals come out at night. Even saw a platypus. Cleland is nice too.

Guest katsmajic
Sounds like a close shave

Maybe you should stick to going to the beach for days out

Hrmmmm have you seen those worms at Noarlunga beach????

Guest jojo

When we went to Cleland the girls wanted their photo taken with a Koala and i got the short straw!! Everyone in our party took one step back and I was left there, with the short straw. When we got to the front of the queue they changed the Koala as it was getting tried,and brought out something that can only be described as a relation to a silver back gorilla, it was massive.

So there i was holding this massive koala smiling through gritted teeeth and aching arms from holding this monster, and then it decided to to sneeze on me:skeptical:

Great!! Oh the lady said its never done that before. "Really" was my response in my most sarcastic tone.

So I had aching arms, sore teeth and now koala snot in my hair!!:huh:

When Paul had finished laughing which was ages, he said "Hmmm you smell minty!!"

I cant tell you my response as it would be too rude:biglaugh:

Jo xxx