Schools are back

snifter

That was a long couple of weeks :wacko: Everyone in our house was happy school was back today thats for sure :cute:

Usually its easy as anything but given the weather wasn't on our side for a large chunk, we were all hit by grotty colds and bugs and the doglet had to have an emergency trip to the vets due to foreign object stuck down his ear (meant being knocked out and a minor op to remove said object :eek:), I for one am happy to be heading back to work and a rest :biggrin:

Have a sort of free day today to catch up on stuff, got a list of errands to run and more but hopefully by the end of the day I'll feel like I've achieved something and my house will look less less of a mess than at present.

Oh, also picked up a lovely oil painting over the weekend. A true Aussie landscape is now sitting over the fireplace. Hubby wanted to have some Australian scenes and so I've been on a mission to find a few. So far, two pictures found, although only one is an Aussie landscape :embarressed:

Like you I usually really enjoy the holidays but we did nothing at all in these last 2 weeks other than friends over or they went to friends (and certainly this weekend was dominated by the Dawn Service and lack of sleep... ) amazingly though there were very few squabbles. I think the highlight was when we went to Marion for school uniform and snuck a film in just because we could.

I spent most of the school holidays, other than a long weekend away, at work with the youngest in childcare and the oldest taking care of himself. My youngest even asked to go to childcare on the last Friday even though I don't work Fridays, and I wasn't going to tell him he couldn't go.