Reduced hse by another £30K still no joy!so disappointed!

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Having reduced our house by £30k under its market value hoping for a quick sale still no interest whatsoever!

We can't give it away (although we did joke about selling it by doing a raffle but don't think that would be legal)

Wouldn't mind it's a lovely house in a great location but market so bad we are really struggling!

We think now that we have no choice but to rent it out!

Rental market booming at the moment (particularly in our area).

We are expecting the thumbs up on the visa sometime in the next few weeks!

Once we have this then we will sort out a tenant and book our one way flight!

We hope to arrive in Adelaide August now!No point waiting for a house sale!

What type of weather and temps should we expect in August and what time does it start to go dark?We came out in june last year and it was dark around 5pm!

Although we had plenty of sunny warm days the evenings and early mornings were very cool (a lot cooler than we expected).

Gill

Guest caoimhe

We know the feeling, our house is up for £65000 less than what a neighbour paid last summer and still no veiwers. We live in a very popular area of Belfast that normally has people fighting over to buy in but NO not now :arghh::arghh: unfortunately we would never get enough in rent to cover what we owe so not an option for us

Guest Trakki

We are in the same position, have dropped the price as much as we can (no viewing at all) but even if we did get an offer now can't guarentee to be completed by the time we have to validate by. Have looked into these ones that give you 80% of the asking price but coz the market is so bad they are offering well below that. We got an offer from one of them for £93,000, such an insult the house has been valued at £150,000. Such crooks. Unfortunately we are not in a position that we can come without selling the house as we have no savings so at the mo really don't know what to do, looked also into remortgaging so we got some money behind us but the repayments would mean that the rent would not cover it so another no go. Worrying now that the dream is over as we will lose the visa.:arghh:

Oh well another week of trying to find a solution ahead!!

Guest jill wright

Hope you find a solution Tracey you have put a lot of time and effort in as have most people it seems cruel that the stumbling block for a lot is the current housing market. Good luck with this final hurdle

Jill

Guest caoimhe

Hi Tracey

Would you not go on holiday to validate the visa - just stick it on the credit card and to hell with it

That is what we are going to have to do as even though we don't have the visa yet when it comes through it will have to be validated by 26th Feb

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya Tracey.

Seems theres a lot of us in the same boat. (buggers gonna sink in a minute)

Me and the missus have both got jobs waiting for us but we need to sell the house before we go.

Renting it out is not an option for us even though we could get upto a £1000 per month for it we want the cash to go with.

Missus also has to redue her passport cause there will be less than 2 years on it by the time we have to validate the visa's.

So like the rest of us, just hang on in there.

Good luck

Guest isandev
Having reduced our house by £30k under its market value hoping for a quick sale still no interest whatsoever!

We can't give it away (although we did joke about selling it by doing a raffle but don't think that would be legal)

Wouldn't mind it's a lovely house in a great location but market so bad we are really struggling!

We think now that we have no choice but to rent it out!

Rental market booming at the moment (particularly in our area).

We are expecting the thumbs up on the visa sometime in the next few weeks!

Once we have this then we will sort out a tenant and book our one way flight!

We hope to arrive in Adelaide August now!No point waiting for a house sale!

What type of weather and temps should we expect in August and what time does it start to go dark?We came out in june last year and it was dark around 5pm!

Although we had plenty of sunny warm days the evenings and early mornings were very cool (a lot cooler than we expected).

Gill

Hiya Gill,

Really feel for you love . Cant believe what is happening with the market. There has to come a point where enough is enough and the decision to rent becomes the only option. I know you are making the right decision because we know how committed you are to getting to Aus. Hopefully the housing market will pick up soon and you will be able to get a realistic price for your house. See you all soon.

Gavin

Guest cunnah10
Hiya Gill,

Really feel for you love . Cant believe what is happening with the market. There has to come a point where enough is enough and the decision to rent becomes the only option. I know you are making the right decision because we know how committed you are to getting to Aus. Hopefully the housing market will pick up soon and you will be able to get a realistic price for your house. See you all soon.

Gavin

Cheers Gavin!

Thanks for message!

Just shows you should never take anything for granted!We got house valued few mths ago and we were told a ridiculous value!It is worth so much less now!And with the exchange rate being so low the odds are all against us!

But such is life!

Having read a few messages from some other guys who are not even in a position to rent their house out then i shouldn't moan and be grateful that we can!

Nothing is going to stop me this time!Gone too far!Crossed so many hurdles!

My aim is that we are in oz no matter what hopefully August!

What date are you going out again?

Say hi to Fi 4 me!

Gill

Guest isandev

We are flying 16th August. Try and get on the same flight so the kids can entertain each other!!! Fi is sending you a PM as I type.

Speak soon

Guest cunnah10
We are flying 16th August. Try and get on the same flight so the kids can entertain each other!!! Fi is sending you a PM as I type.

Speak soon

Didn't get PM !

who are you flying with and have you got stop over at singapore(i've forgotten you mayhave already told me)

Gill

Guest moonraker1959

Hi re the temps in August.lived in Adelaide for a very long time!Expect it to still be cold in August as it will still be winter and can take a while until it starts to warm up,probably around October time.I used to live in the hills and in August it would be 5c during the day and sometimes drop below zero at night.It will start getting dark around 5.30pm!

Guest cunnah10
Hi re the temps in August.lived in Adelaide for a very long time!Expect it to still be cold in August as it will still be winter and can take a while until it starts to warm up,probably around October time.I used to live in the hills and in August it would be 5c during the day and sometimes drop below zero at night.It will start getting dark around 5.30pm!

Thanks for info much appreciated!

It's summer here in the UK and i am just getting the kids ready for the manic school run after 2 weeks off for half term!

It is a dark wet mizerable day and the kids are shivering away saying they are freezing but i refuse to put the central heating on forgoodness sake it's JUNE!!!

Gill

Guest isandev

Hiya Gill,

Flying with Singapore Airlines and have a long connection at Singapore so we have booked the transit hotel. Figured that it would be easier for the kids if we get it over as quick as possible. Fi will be gutted you never got the PM as she was practically falling asleep when she typed it.

We live about 40-45 mins away from Ribby Hall by the way so its no problem at all getting up there, the only problem is finding a time that will suit us both as im sure you are as fully booked as us

Speak soon