Reduced hse by another £30K still no joy!so disappointed!
Having reduced our house by £30k under its market value hoping for a quick sale still no interest whatsoever!
We can't give it away (although we did joke about selling it by doing a raffle but don't think that would be legal)
Wouldn't mind it's a lovely house in a great location but market so bad we are really struggling!
We think now that we have no choice but to rent it out!
Rental market booming at the moment (particularly in our area).
We are expecting the thumbs up on the visa sometime in the next few weeks!
Once we have this then we will sort out a tenant and book our one way flight!
We hope to arrive in Adelaide August now!No point waiting for a house sale!
What type of weather and temps should we expect in August and what time does it start to go dark?We came out in june last year and it was dark around 5pm!
Although we had plenty of sunny warm days the evenings and early mornings were very cool (a lot cooler than we expected).
We know the feeling, our house is up for £65000 less than what a neighbour paid last summer and still no veiwers. We live in a very popular area of Belfast that normally has people fighting over to buy in but NO not now unfortunately we would never get enough in rent to cover what we owe so not an option for us
We are in the same position, have dropped the price as much as we can (no viewing at all) but even if we did get an offer now can't guarentee to be completed by the time we have to validate by. Have looked into these ones that give you 80% of the asking price but coz the market is so bad they are offering well below that. We got an offer from one of them for £93,000, such an insult the house has been valued at £150,000. Such crooks. Unfortunately we are not in a position that we can come without selling the house as we have no savings so at the mo really don't know what to do, looked also into remortgaging so we got some money behind us but the repayments would mean that the rent would not cover it so another no go. Worrying now that the dream is over as we will lose the visa.
Oh well another week of trying to find a solution ahead!!
Hope you find a solution Tracey you have put a lot of time and effort in as have most people it seems cruel that the stumbling block for a lot is the current housing market. Good luck with this final hurdle
Would you not go on holiday to validate the visa - just stick it on the credit card and to hell with it
That is what we are going to have to do as even though we don't have the visa yet when it comes through it will have to be validated by 26th Feb
Seems theres a lot of us in the same boat. (buggers gonna sink in a minute)
Me and the missus have both got jobs waiting for us but we need to sell the house before we go.
Renting it out is not an option for us even though we could get upto a £1000 per month for it we want the cash to go with.
Missus also has to redue her passport cause there will be less than 2 years on it by the time we have to validate the visa's.
So like the rest of us, just hang on in there.
Originally Posted by cunnah10
Really feel for you love . Cant believe what is happening with the market. There has to come a point where enough is enough and the decision to rent becomes the only option. I know you are making the right decision because we know how committed you are to getting to Aus. Hopefully the housing market will pick up soon and you will be able to get a realistic price for your house. See you all soon.
Originally Posted by isandev
Thanks for message!
Just shows you should never take anything for granted!We got house valued few mths ago and we were told a ridiculous value!It is worth so much less now!And with the exchange rate being so low the odds are all against us!
But such is life!
Having read a few messages from some other guys who are not even in a position to rent their house out then i shouldn't moan and be grateful that we can!
Nothing is going to stop me this time!Gone too far!Crossed so many hurdles!
My aim is that we are in oz no matter what hopefully August!
What date are you going out again?
Say hi to Fi 4 me!
We are flying 16th August. Try and get on the same flight so the kids can entertain each other!!! Fi is sending you a PM as I type.
Didn't get PM !
Originally Posted by isandev
who are you flying with and have you got stop over at singapore(i've forgotten you mayhave already told me)