NO Visa No house sale

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

I am sitting having a glass of wine (ok three) and am getting really down as we still haven't got the visa yet and we still have no viewers for the house.

Everything feels like it is on hold at the minute as we can't plan for anything, it's like being in limbo, all I want is to be able to make definate plans for our new life :nah:

I know we are not the only one's but just needed to have a bit of a moan - I really should stay off the wine - maybe this is why stephen's only doubt about Adelaide is me being so near to the Barrossa valley :goofy:

Guest Trakki

I really do feel for you. As you know from the other post, we are in the same situation, only difference being that we have our visa but that means we have a validation date :arghh:

Unfortunately we are not financially in a position to do a trip to validate so starting to panic, going through all the motions like getting shippers in for quotes etc but really worried about everything, don't think I was this wound up waiting for the visa ( which I had convinced myself we would not get!)

Keep your chin up, I am trying to be optimistic and keep saying we will get there. I am also having wine, don't have it much so it has gone to my head!!! will stop waffling now. take care

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hang on in there.

When did you send your meds and police checks in ??

Our visa's came though roughly bout 2 weeks after ours when in.

We are in the same boat about the house, spent loads of cash on it and still not sold.

Hang on in there, it will work out in the end

Guest caoimhe

Police checks were the fisrt thing and the agent has told us this is the date they will use. Like you have spent loads on house 6 grand to be exact - even if I have to put 7 grand on my credit card to validate my visa i will as am not going to lose the dream at this stage.

Think I should go to bed and stop drinking:jiggy:

Nite Nite

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hers hoping it shant be long now :)

Just wait for that phone call at stupid O'clock in the morning ours was at 5am to say we got our visa's.

With the Bank on england putting monet in to the morgages now were hoping that first time buyers should get a good morgage deal so hopefully they can by our house now weve dropped it below £150,000 so its now in the first time buyers range.

Good luck on the visa and house sale.

Matt

Guest Nicky&Andy

:shocked:weve just came back from a few days in west bay nr weymouth , houses are actually selling there, if only i could pick up my house and move it, we might actually get a viewer:)

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi all , I am sorry i haven't got a magic wand to help you guys out !.In same boat but today up beat about it all , exchange rates are crap so maybe we are suppose to hang on for a while . Anyway i do believe that the house prices are slowing down in Oz not falling like here i know?. Told you i was up beat today don't know why ? just worked 12 hrs today must of swallowed a happy pill?. HANG IN THERE don't panic , its worth it in the long run , (so I am told!).

Guest sprayer

Good luck with selling your house.

We have accepted an offer on our house from a ftb with mortgage in place. I thought all our dreams had come true.:jiggy:

Well that was 7 weeks ago and we have heard nothing since. Our EA has been useless. We have telephoned several times and EA always says she was about to call this/that person.:arghh:

Well I telephoned her on Thursday and she said she had just spoken to buyer. He had told her he had a meeting on friday regarding a contract (he is a builder). If he gets this contract it will mean he has work for 11 years. If this is the case he has a better mortgage deal. This is the reason for the hold up. I dont know what to believe but said I want some answers as to what is happening no later than Monday (today)

Well I am now waiting to hear the latest. Its a buyers market and as a seller we just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Sprayer - which EA are you with ? Is it Ryder and Dutton?? We're also in Oldham and just wondering whether to change from housenetwork to an actual estate agent with a shop window! [Had 6 viewers... no offers in 2 months]. We [eventually ] sold our last house with Ryder and Dutton and thought they were really bobbins - it took 6 months to go through even though there was no chain .. Good luck with things and hope that buyer comes through for you! Jacinta

Guest muppetbro

consider renting out your property for at least 12 months???

given the dire exchange rate youre going to lose alot of £ in the process of selling now and exchanging......same goes to pension transfers in the forseeable future

what if the dream isnt a dream - reality is never a dream - if you returned in 18 - 24 months and the housing market here has recovered and the exchange rate has returned to normality then............heaven forbid youll never recover financially in your working life

no one - not even the rose tinted brigade will say it IS worth taking such a financial gamble on your whole families future - especially when youve not visited adelaide before.....

my advice for what its worth is try at all costs to keep the house going for at least 12 months - keep your job open to return too so you have an escape route

50% return to the uk

as long as you are fully aware of the financial implications.....

if you have no equity or little £ then there is the arguiement what have you got lose - fair dinkum if your in your 20s but if youre much older with little in terms of assets i cudnt imagaine how anyone thinks theyll find it financially easier in adelaide to improve their lot in life in terms offinancial peace of mind......

all the best a nd good luck - its an adventure and one i enjoyed with only one regret - i gave up a superb job in the uk and n ow resort to selling fairy cakes on the promenade whilst dressed up as kylie minogue

Guest sprayer
Sprayer - which EA are you with ? Is it Ryder and Dutton?? We're also in Oldham and just wondering whether to change from housenetwork to an actual estate agent with a shop window! [Had 6 viewers... no offers in 2 months]. We [eventually ] sold our last house with Ryder and Dutton and thought they were really bobbins - it took 6 months to go through even though there was no chain .. Good luck with things and hope that buyer comes through for you! Jacinta

We are with Taylor & Wood based in Royton. They have closed Royton office today and moved to Union Street Oldham. They said they were keeping same telephone number but have tried to call them and no answer. I had to telephone Ashton branch for Oldham tel number because I couldnt find it on internet. I telephoned them to see if there was any news and there isnt. I explained I could not get through on Royton number and she said everyone received letters with new number on. Well I didnt receive a letter. Also our board and everyone elses still has old number as does rightmove website so if anyone wanted to view a taylor & wood property they wouldnt be able to get through.

Thanks for the good luck, I think we may need it.

I hope you get an offer soon as I see you already have your visa.

Jill

xxx

Guest sprayer
consider renting out your property for at least 12 months???

given the dire exchange rate youre going to lose alot of £ in the process of selling now and exchanging......same goes to pension transfers in the forseeable future

what if the dream isnt a dream - reality is never a dream - if you returned in 18 - 24 months and the housing market here has recovered and the exchange rate has returned to normality then............heaven forbid youll never recover financially in your working life

no one - not even the rose tinted brigade will say it IS worth taking such a financial gamble on your whole families future - especially when youve not visited adelaide before.....

my advice for what its worth is try at all costs to keep the house going for at least 12 months - keep your job open to return too so you have an escape route

50% return to the uk

as long as you are fully aware of the financial implications.....

if you have no equity or little £ then there is the arguiement what have you got lose - fair dinkum if your in your 20s but if youre much older with little in terms of assets i cudnt imagaine how anyone thinks theyll find it financially easier in adelaide to improve their lot in life in terms offinancial peace of mind......

all the best a nd good luck - its an adventure and one i enjoyed with only one regret - i gave up a superb job in the uk and n ow resort to selling fairy cakes on the promenade whilst dressed up as kylie minogue

What if you cannot afford to rent out your property? We havent this option as all our equity is in the property and, if we remortgaged the rent wouldnt cover the repayments.

Also if we could rent our property for 12 months and the market and exchange rates were worse and then we were 4 of the 50% who stay, we would be kicking ourselves saying we should of sold 12 months ago.

There is no knowing what will happen so I will hopefully sell the god damn house and cut and run.

Guest Guest75
I am sitting having a glass of wine (ok three) and am getting really down as we still haven't got the visa yet and we still have no viewers for the house.

Everything feels like it is on hold at the minute as we can't plan for anything, it's like being in limbo, all I want is to be able to make definate plans for our new life :nah:

I know we are not the only one's but just needed to have a bit of a moan - I really should stay off the wine - maybe this is why stephen's only doubt about Adelaide is me being so near to the Barrossa valley :goofy:

No probs with the wine - just finished a nice Shiraz (Hic)

Whining is a different matter though:biglaugh:

Chin up love:)

Guest Maddisons

Just hang on,you will get to Australia,keep thinking positive.We are all in the same situation just all of us keep those fingers crossed.

house sold 7th january still waiting to exchange contracts!!!

Accomadation booked 28th June in Marino

looks like an exchange and dash if we lucky!!!!1

Sprayer - what a nightmare T & W sound. I really hope things get sorted for you soon. We couldn't rent our house out either , it's just not feasible for us.. we've decided we have no other choice than to have a reccie this summer to validate the visas .. and have to borrow the money to get there [nightmare... into debt before we even move!]. The flights alone are £5500 for me, OH and 3 kids under 4yrs..eek.. Hope things improve for all of us in this boat soon , Take care, Jacinta

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sprayer

Hi

I know this thread is old but was wondering if anyone has sold there house yet?

We have changed EA last week and are still waiting for a buyer.

Jill

xxx

Guest Deb17

Flippin' heck! Sometimes I wonder why I've bothered moaning so much.

Some of you folk are so much braver than we were, selling up two years ago before this apparent housing market crash...I'm depressed enough about my life in Adelaide without hearing how bad things are 'back home'. Crikey, also think I've done pretty well to stick it out in Oz so long without completely crumbling and looking like a big Jessie (no offence to anyone actually called Jessie!)

My good wishes go out in a heartfelt way to all you scared and worried people...

Deb xx

Guest cunnah10

Hi Jill (from another Gill)

we are in same frustrating stressful position!No dam house sale!Dropped it by £30k still nothing!

So like you in LIMBOLAND!!!!!!!!

Had no intention of starting my Eldest (just 11) in high school here but have just gone out and bought all his uniform etc as Sept not that far away now!

Also got a 3 yr old(4 in Aug) who is no were near ready to start fulltime mainstream school Sept but i have sadly bought all his uniform also!(i have 2 more kids 7 & 9 who will have to go up a year also unless we get a miraculous quick cash buyer come along who wants our house asap)

Not FAIR!!!!!

who said life was easy!

Gill

Guest sprayer
Hi Jill (from another Gill)

we are in same frustrating stressful position!No dam house sale!Dropped it by £30k still nothing!

So like you in LIMBOLAND!!!!!!!!

Had no intention of starting my Eldest (just 11) in high school here but have just gone out and bought all his uniform etc as Sept not that far away now!

Also got a 3 yr old(4 in Aug) who is no were near ready to start fulltime mainstream school Sept but i have sadly bought all his uniform also!(i have 2 more kids 7 & 9 who will have to go up a year also unless we get a miraculous quick cash buyer come along who wants our house asap)

Not FAIR!!!!!

who said life was easy!

Gill

Hi Gill

It is very stressful. Like you said it's not just selling the house but it's the timing with school's. I've told my children that this would be there last year in UK school. Eldest is in Y7 and hates it. He has been on countdown for months. Now I've had to explian that he may have to go back in Y8 for a while.

It is too young for your 3 year old to start a full day at school. My eldest has an August birthday and he was shattered doing a full day. He also struggled because at that young age children seem to devolp quicker. I remember going to the open day and my son seemed so young compared to the other kids. There were alot in his class who had September and December birthdays so they were nearly a year older.

Good luck

Jill

I think I can do better than this, we are not getting anybody looking at ours we have only had 2 viewing since beginning of May, on top of this my neighbour has decided to make life more difficult by leaning over our fence and hacking of our plants its really odvious and I'm in tears they know our house is on the Market (board out front) and they are trying to devalue our home even more. He got abusive last year and I had to call the police out all because we objected to their a conservatory (it looked into our property) so we was allowed to put a wall infront ourside to prevent this. What make's it more difficult now is we have to declare to any potential buyers the police were involved and now they are making it evident the matter hasn't dropped.

I wanted to spend the last few months in England enjoying myself and relaxing instead I've become a prisoner in my own home every time I go out they start hacking again.

Any advice out there.:(

Guest cunnah10
I think I can do better than this, we are not getting anybody looking at ours we have only had 2 viewing since beginning of May, on top of this my neighbour has decided to make life more difficult by leaning over our fence and hacking of our plants its really odvious and I'm in tears they know our house is on the Market (board out front) and they are trying to devalue our home even more. He got abusive last year and I had to call the police out all because we objected to their a conservatory (it looked into our property) so we was allowed to put a wall infront ourside to prevent this. What make's it more difficult now is we have to declare to any potential buyers the police were involved and now they are making it evident the matter hasn't dropped.

I wanted to spend the last few months in England enjoying myself and relaxing instead I've become a prisoner in my own home every time I go out they start hacking again.

Any advice out there.:(

I can totally sympathize!We too have the neighbours from hell!I am having to hold my OH back on a daily basis as i don't want the police neighbourly dispute record that you have as we would have to declare it to any potential buyers like you have to!

Hard enough trying to sell without the added pressure of that!

But when we have any viewers you can guarantee they let the dam dog out to bark and jump up at the fence - just what we want when trying to sell the house!

I hate them soooo much but i am determined to not get into any agro with them now as they would get great satisfaction out of it and we would be the ones that have to pay in the long run!

But i know they are aggravating us any possible chance they get just to wind us up waiting for a reaction!

Good luck

Im really sorry you are in this situ

Gill

Guest dinawayneandkids

We too have neigbours from hell and it killed me not to complain but when we put the house on the market(no board up) they got worse and we had to complain but we have got a young couple moving in to our house so i hope they have loads of party's and do loads of diy:jiggy:everything will fall into place soon keeping fingers crossed for you dina

Guest sprayer

I thought just selling the house was bad but I feel for you when you have horrible neighbours. If they dont like you then you would think they would want to see you go.:huh:

Some people are so petty and take great joy in messing up your plans.

When we sold our last property, we have 2 familes from hell on the street. It was a small cul di sac. They had late teens who brought all there friends around. None of them worked and they played load music day and night, drank, smoked drugs on the street. The police were always there. We had 1 viewer come and all was quiet when she arrived. She looked around and said she liked. As she was leaving, all the gang had turned up and they were shaving there heads at the side of my house. The viewer couldnt get away fast enough and we never heard from her again.

In the end, DH had a word with them and asked that if we had viewers, could they scarper for a while cos they were putting people off. They seemed pleased that they were a threat but they did listen and when we went out to tell them of viewers they went indoors until they had gone.