• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Help / Advice - 2 month to go before we emigrate

Here, not there.
      4890 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Kerriandcarl View Post
      We have booked our flights. We fly in the 9th July and are having 4 nights in Dubai then straight into Adelaide. We are staying in a temporary rental in port noarlunga and will look around suburbs once we arrive and decide on where to stay for our longer rental.

Can anyone advise on good cheap car rental places? Xx
      Sounds good :)

Port Noarlunga is lovely, I'm sure you'll like it there even if you prefer to go elsewhere for the longer term. I love winter walks along the beach and nature reserve there. Gorgeous sunny days, a bit of a surf on the water and a gentle breeze. Bliss.

We didn't hire a car when we arrived so can't comment. I do recall the company @samandcraig mention as having been discussed a few times on here and people seem to have found them fine :)

10 times
      FYI.. we have booked with Singapore (for arrival in Sept) and they came out cheapest direct....but... they have stopped doing the migrant 40Kg allowance.. eventhough I rang and showed them PRV status etc.. they said that the 40kg offer no longer existed
      I was told by our shipping agent (Anglo Pacific) that they could arrange flights with quantas which would be cheaper and have more baggage allowance...but I had already booked ages ago with SA..

tbh.. when we came out on the recce last Nov with the 30kg each.. it was a struggle to cart this amount about.. especially with a 5yr (at the time) who had no interest in wheeling her trunki about..

Cant fault Singapore airlines.. fly with them quite often with work..another tip which might be useful if you are selecting seats is to use seatguru.com..handy tool of you are unsure of the seatplan layout and also lets you know which seats to avoid..i.e right next to toilets... large entertainmnet system blocking your leg room.. etc..etc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123