We have arrived wooooooooooo

Liz and Kris UK

Hi everyone we have finally arrived and feel much better after a good nights sleep, we arrived yesterday morning and managed to stay awke untill 18:30 and slept right through till 06:00 am. We are just finding our bearings and looking forward to having a look around the city today. We are staying in the royal adelaide hospital residential wing, it is basic but free, so i'am not complaining. I have a few weeks before I have to start work which is good as we need to find rental accom and apply for tax file numbers etc. We look forward to meeting some of you in person soon.

Kris

Guest Django

Oi Kris, who's taunting you??? You give me their name and I'll send Tracey round to sort them out when we get there. :biglaugh:

Great to see you've arrived safely and finding your feet.

Pete

Welcome to adelaide! glad to hear you had a good nights sleep, I came back from the UK last weds and I'm still nodding off around 5pm!! Luckily not while at work!! If your down south this weekend it's the Sea and Vines festival in McLaren Vale - no good if you don't like crowds! I'm working at Shottesbrooke Winery, not invloved in the chaos but usually busy with people trying to escape the crowds!! Could be a good introduction to 'sleepy old Adelaide'!!

Hah I guessed right that your onsite would be in the old nurses accommodation :) but location is everything, it is so central. If you go down North tce to the Adelaide City library, It's next to the museum, join it and you can get free internet usage.

also go next door to the hosp into the botanic gdns, find the kiosk by the lake and have lunch there, you better do it tomorrow cos after that we are getting some more rain.

Rachel

Guest Aussie pat

It made me smile to hear it called the 'old' home. When I was a student nurse at the RAH in 1978 it was the 'new' home. Eleanor Harrald and Margaret Graham were the old ones. We used to lie in bed and hear the lions roaring at the zoo nearby.

Hi everyone thanks for all the goodwill messages and advice. We will phone everyone who has given us their number in the next couple of days, we will hopefully get aussie sim cards today. Hospital accom is like cell block H but location is brill. The person who has organised my job introduced to other brits that work at the hospital and it was really good to hear about their experiences. We went shopping last night and were so British converting everything to pounds, I hope I will stop doing this soon. We will continue to keep everyone posted with our progress and will hopefully meet some of you for a beverage or two soon. Thanks to everyone who gave us advice whilst in the UK as this was so helpful and made the whole visa process easier.

Kris and liz

Adelaide