We're here!

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Hi all

Well this is it. We left Wednesday and arrived yesterday morning (or the middle of the night in the UK).

OAA is basic to say the least. I don't think we will be in it long!

We went to KMart to get our duvets/ dooners/ quilts and pillows and towels. They were having a 40% off sale so saved a fortune. Just as well as we have all our furniture to buy yet. Coles was almost next door so did a basic shop there. We are off to central market in a moment so wish me luck with a 10 year old and a 13 year old with spending money!!!!!!

We are feeling much better now after a good nights sleep. The flights were a bit turbulent and yours truly was ill in a big way but getting there now. We had pizza last night - Emily is not impressed she hasn't found HP Sauce yet.

We are still trying to sort phones out but ran out of time yesterday and with today being Saturday we aren't optimistic we will get much done before Monday.

Initial impressions are -where are all the people? Very clean. Could get used to this.

Love Libby x

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi Libby

Glad to hear your first impressions are good and the trip over went well, we really liked Adelaide in October when we were over.

Looking forward to your next post about the Central Market.

Jane :D:D

Guest Django
Initial impressions are -where are all the people?

They are all in a queue in the bottled water shop. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done. Another family successfully over there. Hope we aren't too far behind. Enjoy the expensive shopping trip. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest RandC

Hi Libby

sorry to hear you were ill on the flights - must have been miserable on such a long trip. Glad to hear you're recovering, and that first impressions are good. Have a great first weekend - looking forward to hearing all about it.

Cari x :D

Guest dglamoore

Hi Libby

Nice to see you arrived safe and sound and got online so quick! We are at a hotel at Heathrow at the moment and fly out tomorrow night. All goodbye parties done so nice peaceful evening tonight :lol:

Lisa

Hi Libby & Family

Great to hear from you. I'm a bit late reading this post been busy that past couple of days but glad you have arrived safely & all is going well.

If you get chance to take a few piccies of the OAA & post them, it would be useful to see what 'basic' really is 8)

Hope the sun is shining :wink:

Look forward to reading more soon

Good luck

Angela

Guest Libby1971

Hi all

Update!

Weather is glorious, Tyke. I can't believe it. Very warm. Last night as I was pootling outside at about 9pm I actually needed to put a cardie on - shock!

Central market was great. From about 1pm apparently there are big savings to be made on fresh fruit and veg adn until we went I couldn't believe quite how much. Well worth a visit. It had a proper market vibe to it.

We went to Glenelg beach and it was gorgeous. A wonderful day. We are practically opposite tram stop along the route from Glenelg to the city so it is very convenient.

For basic, read council house circa 1950s. Clean. Painted breeze block walls, vinyl floors (no tacky colours). Beds are good though. Lovely blue mosaic tiles floor in bathroom although old bath. Mismatched crockery and cutlery but it costs $166 including bills. It is cheap and I have stayed in far worse.

We went to Aldinga last night which looked great (I waved at Tyke as we drove past his neck of the woods but he didn't wave back)! Lots of new building going on there. There is already a development of shops adn health centre etc there and planning consent has been given for another mall, sports facility adn something else. Can't remember what. Looks very prominsing and accosted a poor family in Coles to ask their views. We are off again in a minute to see about rentals in the area.

I can't type 'and' unless I really concentrate and I am too tired to.

Goodwood area is nice for shops. Just off stop 11 or 12 on the tram route. We have just found a pottery painting shop which my girls love doing. I haven't met the owners yet but apparently it was started by a British couple a little while ago. Off to gossip.

Thanks to all who gave tel numbers. I am on Aussie mobile time and will be in touch

Back again in a few days

Guest dglamoore

Hi Libby

Sounds like you are having fun and having a good look round. Looking forwrad to meeting up at some point after we get there at the weekend 8)

Still chilling in Singapore til Friday 8) you will probably have a rental sorted by the time we arrive! :lol:

Lisa

Guest happy-jools

Hi Libby and Gang

What a great post (including the typing errors!!)

Pleased you are settling well. Its great to hear from the other side - we are so desperate for news.

Good luck for the rental.

xx