Adelaide cricket revolution?

I love going to cricket. My dad took me to games when I was young and I go to games and watch it on tv.

The change to 50 overs and then limited over 20/ 20 has really expanded the game.

Could this do the same for test cricket?

Would you attend?

If it happens I will get tickets for this day / night test!:smile:

An Adelaide day night Test would prove biggest revolution since World Series Cricket

• RICHARD EARLE CRICKET WRITER
  • THE ADVERTISER
  • JUNE 25, 2015 11:27PM

391330-72136248-1b41-11e5-97ec-3d544eeab69c.jpg

SACA chief Keith Bradshaw hopes the pink cricket ball will be an integral part of a revolution that could save Test cricket. Picture: Simon Cross

A HISTORIC, Adelaide day-night Test will represent the game’s most critical shift since World Series Cricket when Cricket Australia releases its 2015-16 schedule next week.

The International Cricket Council is finally embracing reform — pushed by CA — designed to save the long format from a slow death of irrelevance.It’s hoped an Adelaide day-night Test this November/December in front of 40,000 fans in an accessible timeslot could breathe life into the sport as the Kerry Packer-backed 50-over format did 40 years ago.The ICC board is on Friday expected to rubber stamp the introduction of day-night Tests in Australia during its meeting in Barbados, where Australia is represented by chairman Wally Edwards.James Sutherland is in the Caribbean attending the ICC chief executives meeting.index

Australia has also argued the introduction of a dedicated Test championship is important to maintain interest in the format.The Advertiser revealed a year ago that Adelaide had been given the tick as preferred day-night cricket launch pad given its perfect climate, time zone and high per capita attendances in early summer.

It’s understood Adelaide is allocated the second Test against New Zealand during day-night hours in the last weekend of November/December.Brisbane will stage the series opener against the Black Caps with Adelaide Oval booked for an ACDC concert on November 21.Massive prime time television audiences for Channel Nine coupled with family and work-friendly session times will provide a massive fillip for a Test format enduring flatlining attendances outside of Ashes contests.New Zealand players have voiced opposition to using a pink Kookaburra ball still questioned for its durability and colour hold. Others feel any deviation to Test cricket will cheapen the time-honoured format.Only an unexpected player revolt or complete U-turn from New Zealand officials could derail a day-night Test against Australia.Sources contacted on Thursday indicated support for a game-saving, pink-ball driven concept overriding concerns over teething problems with technology.Australia will host New Zealand then the West Indies in three-Test series this season in contrast to last season’s meagre offering.

I love the T20 and I enjoyed the international one day games but I don't think I'll ever really get in to test cricket. It goes on for far too long for me. Having said that, I don't mind watching bits on TV and a day night game would probably mean I would watch a bit more of it than I would at the moment.

Cricket has changed so much over the years. The days of the Jeff Boycott all day innings for 100 runs is over!

It's a much faster game now and I reckon that the t20 influence affects the speed of tests too. There have been some amazing test games lately...more strategy involved...and quicker scoring. A test in a day / night atmosphere..who knows!

It's going to happen...

Adelaide Oval’s day-night Test tipped to be huge money-spinner for South Australia

• JAMES HETHERINGTON
  • THE ADVERTISER
  • JUNE 30, 2015 5:26PM

349559-ff54d1be-1efc-11e5-a8f7-6a674378a2fe.jpg

A huge crowd as Australia plays Pakistan in World Cup action at Adelaide Oval. The day-night Test against New Zealand is also expected to draw spectators to Adelaide. Picture: Mark Brake

SOUTH Australia raked in $90 million from the ICC Cricket World Cup this year, and could be set for another cash influx.

The South Australian Cricket Association announced Tuesday morning that Adelaide Oval would make history and host the first day-night Test on November 27.The World Cup, in February and March, attracted 64,000 fans to Adelaide, generating over a quarter of a million “bed nights” for SA hotels.Hopes are high the day-night Test can have a similar effect on the economy.General Manager of Australian Hotel Association SA, Ian Horne believes the Test will have a positive influence across the city.index

“There will be a broad appeal to see the first day-night Test,” he said.“November is traditionally a strong month for accommodation and the Test can hopefully fill in the remaining capacity.”“The suburban hotels and motels will suit those visiting from country South Australia while the CBD will be swamped by those from interstate.”The benefits of the changed hours also includes a new demographic, Mr Horne said.“One of the weaknesses of the current system is that everyone is at work during the day.”“This opens up a new market of people who can wander down after work and enjoy the whole atmosphere.”

For anyone wanting to get tickets!

[TABLE=width: 0, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 780]images_2015_ACF_Tickets-on-Sale_01.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 780, bgcolor: #387c2b][TABLE=align: left]

[TR]

[TD]images_2015_ACF_Tickets-on-Sale_02.jpg[/TD]

[TD=width: 608, align: center]ACF PRIORITY TICKET ACCESS PERIOD

WEDNESDAY 19 AUGUST –

THURSDAY 20 AUGUST 2015[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 689, bgcolor: #387c2b, align: left]Dear Tamara

Now released - 2015/16 Commonwealth Bank Test Series fixture

This summer, the Adelaide Oval will be hosting the world’s first Day-Night Test Match. Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of cricket history, when Australia takes on New Zealand in the Commonwealth Bank Test Series from Friday 27 November 2015.

You can find the fixture below so you can save the dates.

As part of your ACF membership, you’ll get the chance to secure discount tickets for some of the best seats in the house - before the general public*.

Your ACF Priority Access Period is:

12pm Wednesday 19 August – 5pm Thursday 20 August

(local time in the state where the relevant match will be played)

Stay tuned for more fixture announcements

The fixtures for this upcoming season of the Victoria Bitter ODI Series and KFC T20 INTL Series will be released soon. You will also be able to purchase tickets to these matches during your ACF Priority Ticket Access period. We will be in touch over the coming weeks with more information.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 689, align: center][TABLE=align: left]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #004712][TABLE=align: left]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #004712][TABLE=align: left]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3]images_2015_ACF_Tickets-on-Sale-v4_06.jpg[/TD]

[TD=width: 2, bgcolor: #387c2b][/TD]

[TD=width: 343, colspan: 3]images_2015_ACF_Tickets-on-Sale-v4_08.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 21, bgcolor: #004712][/TD]

[TD=width: 293, bgcolor: #004712]Check out the 2015/16 Commonwealth Bank Test Series fixture here and start planning your summer[/TD]

[TD=width: 30, bgcolor: #004712][/TD]

[TD=width: 17, bgcolor: #004712][/TD]

[TD=width: 296, bgcolor: #004712]You can purchase tickets now through our Group Tickets Sales team[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 344, colspan: 3]images_2015_ACF_Tickets-on-Sale-v4_12.jpg[/TD]

[TD=width: 343, colspan: 3]images_2015_ACF_Tickets-on-Sale-v4_13.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 21, bgcolor: #004712][/TD]

[TD=width: 293, bgcolor: #004712]Experience Cricket Australia Official Hospitality options for the perfect cricket experience[/TD]

[TD=width: 17, bgcolor: #004712][/TD]

[TD=width: 296, bgcolor: #004712]Let us answer any questions you may have about the priority access period[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 689, colspan: 7]images_2015_ACF_Tickets-on-Sale_33.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 689, bgcolor: #387c2b]REMINDER: Your friends and family can take advantage too. Forward this email and invite them to join the ACF by 5pm AEST on Tuesday 11 July 2015 to get access to discount priority ticketing too.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...