Expat Support Group

ischa

Hi All, I would like to see if anyone would be interested in joining an "Expat" support group. I'm working with an organisation called Grow - we run support groups in the community and focus on overall wellbeing. As an expat myself I know how this can bring it's own set of problems and concerns. Our groups are totally confidential, and we use a 12-step program, we work on practical problems and solutions. If anyone would like more information please contact me and I'm happy to have a chat. For more information about Grow, see our website.

http://www.grow.org.au

Regards,

Lindi

Hi Tamara - Thanks for your reply. Can not agree with you more - moving to another country bring along very unique struggles and it does take a major strain on relationships. I wish I knew about Grow when I first arrived - would have saved me many tears! I would love to look at starting a support group. We have office on Brighton rd, so very central. We can either meet at night or during the day. Please contact me if anyone want to know more or just want to chat. Lindi

Such a good idea! :notworthy:

I think migration is like a lot of life's experiences in that you can look around, and everyone seems to be coping perfectly, yet once you get talking you find that actually your concerns / fears / problems are shared by others.

Like I might've thought my baby came straight from hell, yet my antenatal group taught me if mine had, so had theirs!

No shame in sharing; can help you whilst also helping someone else.

:wubclub: LC

Well Said LC!!! Can not agree with you more! Its a hard road, and the more support we can give each other in a structured way the better. I would love to look at starting a group - we have office in Brighton and can easy start a group there. Pls send me a private message if anyone is interested! In Grow we say, "Problems shared are problems halved, resources shared are resources multiplied".