Spring clean!

snifter

I know its not quite spring but the weather has picked up the past few days and today is positively summer weather in England :cute:

I've thrown all the windows open, screen doors are dusted off and working well and I'm sitting in my son's bedroom sorting through all his books, games, clothes and more having a good sort out while he is at school. A pile for the op shop, a pile to sell and some things to pass on to my neice who is a few years younger.

I've got a long list of spring clean jobs for the coming couple of weeks before the warmer weather arrives and am then hoping we can get on and decorate the kitchen and bedrooms as its long been on my list of jobs on the house.

Anyone else been bitten by the spring clean bug?

It's going to reach 20 degrees this weekend!

Not too sure about spring clean but there's so much clutter that needs to be sorted out...sheds full of stuff. Some of it has been untouched since moving here over 8 years ago. Word to the wise for people making the move...THROW IT OUT! Easier said than done.

I have 4 sheds, a double garage, an abandoned upstairs of a house, and a granny flat to sort through...bring on summer for a massive garage sale!:smile:

Well it's my not working day today and I couldn't feel any less like spring cleaning. I don't know what it's like elsewhere in Adelaide but here it's very cloudy and slightly damp and is not motivating me to do anything. Although the mood I'm in today I think I would be struggling even if it was clear blue skies and sunshine. Normally Friday's are my day for getting things done but today I think it may be my day to catch up on some sleep.

Well it's my not working day today and I couldn't feel any less like spring cleaning. I don't know what it's like elsewhere in Adelaide but here it's very cloudy and slightly damp and is not motivating me to do anything. Although the mood I'm in today I think I would be struggling even if it was clear blue skies and sunshine. Normally Friday's are my day for getting things done but today I think it may be my day to catch up on some sleep.

Pouring down just at the minute - and I really do have to get on; we've had some building work done to convert one long room into two and the builder has finished his part so now it's up to me to clean up! We've got a Japanese exchange student arriving on Sunday too so I need somewhere to put him...

• 2 weeks later...

The sun is shining, birds are going bananas all round me and here I am, googling carpet cleaners :biggrin:

The joys of carpets with kids in and out in all weathers over the winter and also now we have a small mud magnet dog mean our once clean looking carpets are rather grubby. As we head into warmer days I'm pondering getting them cleaned or doing it myself and hiring one. We plan to replace the carpets in the next couple of years so not fussed to spend a fortune, just want them looking a bit brighter for the summer.

And o the garden. Its come alive. There was me cultivating sour sob last year (its a wildflower until it grows in your garden, then its a weed and your enemy it seems) and now I am busy pulling it up along with about 5,000 tiny mountain ash trees that have seeded in our garden. But the flowers are looking gorgeous and we've got masses of birds visiting feeding.

Edited by snifter
added a bit