Visitor Numbers are Up...

Tamara (Homes Down Under)

I was sent this by SA Tourism. It appears to be a positive!:smile: That's great news for tourism jobs.

From my own perspective. I am aware from my short term rental bookings that migrant numbers are down....but the number of interstate and family visits is certainly up! :smile:

Visits from interstate travellers to South Australia are at a 10 year high according to the latest NVS figures. Interstate trips to South Australia are up 11 per cent for the year, climbing to more than 2 million overnight visits. The figures also show that in the 12 months to June 2015, South Australia attracted 5.62 million domestic overnight visitors – an increase of 6.3 per cent, exceeding the national growth rate of 5.2 per cent.

South Australia’s visitor economy has also increased by 1.7 per cent, with business purpose trips up 11.8 per cent and holidays up by 6.8 per cent.

These results are testament to the importance of tourism and its success to our State. With the recent transformation of Adelaide, and the experiences on offer in our outstanding regions, we are a destination that is growing in aspiration for visitors interstate. From the small bar scene in Adelaide, to the world-class wine experiences in the Barossa, and with our busy and ever growing event calendar, South Australia has it all.

It is a very exciting time for Adelaide and our regions and with the State Government allocating an unprecedented $35 million over two years to further promote the state, there is no doubt that South Australia will continue to grow as a preferred tourist destination, both nationally and internationally.

If you would like more information, research and insights on your specific regions, and for the NVS report click here.

Regards,

The South Australian Tourism Commission