U.K. Citizenship for Aussie kids

Sallyh

Hi all, long time no post (sorry!).

Can someone point me in the right direction for applications for Australian children to get uk citizenship please? 3 of my beautifuls were born here and I want to get them dual nationality leading to both passports for our eventual uk trip (though the cost of this is likely to take up most of what we currently have saved up!!).

I'm just coming up with adult citizenship tests on British life when I google. :)

Heya :)

There is no citizenship. Just applying for their UK passports iirc. It all gets done in the UK now and cost is the same as if there I seem to remember. Photos need to be UK passport size against a white background. We went to our local Kodak shop and it was a 10 minute wait while they resized and printed the pics.

My three children were all born outside the UK and I applied for British passports for all of them...successfully.

Ours was a very interesting application. Both myself and their father were born outside the UK but the territory was British...myself in a Royal Navy base in Mauritius and my hubby in a RAF base in West Germany!

Made it a little complicated!

We applied through the consulate in the city that we were living in but it's likely all changed now....

Thank you both. That explains why I couldn't find it, I was looking for the wrong thing. I assumed cos we had to get the boys Australian citizenship before their passports the same would apply for the girls with British. Good. Cheaper. :) eventually trying to save up for a uk trip. On a student income...!

Yes Tamara my dh is Australian and I thought the girls were officially only Australian too so far. But it seems the application has to go to the uk in the post.... Why doesn't it surprise me that gong to London on the train for the day to the Australian embassy to get the boys Australian citizenship and passports in one day was a piece of cake???!?!

My son has just decided that he wants to renew his British passport and it looks like a simple online process.

Getting it in the first place certainly wasn't! I needed proof from the British army on the Rhine command that my OH's father was doing his national service in 1962 and proof from the royal navy about a posting to Vacoas, Mauritius.

Yorkshire mother in law was very useful as that was in 1993 and everything was still snail mail, faxes and visits to consulates!