Forgetting

Guest lwepenn

Guest lwepenn

I'm 15 so i didnt know if i was to post here or 'for the kids' section. I know it is a pretty trivial subject in comparison to what you all must be going through like financial worries etc. but I'm worried about leaving my friends. I know i will make new friends and I know my mates will branch off into different careers, but can any of you think of anything i can do so i don't forget them; sort of like a homage.

if this post makes any sense advice would be appreciated

Tap back

Luke:(

Guest Django

Hi Luke,

First of all this isn't a trivial question at all. The fact is if you don't make friends in Oz you will be unhappy. If you are unhappy then the new life downunder won't work and you will want to come home and so it defeats the whole object of going.

Now then what to do.

Firstly you do not need to 'lose' your friends. Get on facebook (if you aren't already) and get your mates to do the same. This way you can keep track with what everyone is up to and they can keep tabs on you.

Get a webcam and with either MSN or Skype you can not only speak to them but see them as well.

As for making new friends. You will. Its as simple as that. Join a few clubs and before you know it you will have a whole new circle of friends. There are members on here that have people of your age in their families. Send them a few pms and get chatting on MSN or arrange to 'meet up' in the chatroom. This way you will get to know people even before you get there.

Don't fret about it. You will make friends.

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants
I'm 15 so i didnt know if i was to post here or 'for the kids' section. I know it is a pretty trivial subject in comparison to what you all must be going through like financial worries etc. but I'm worried about leaving my friends. I know i will make new friends and I know my mates will branch off into different careers, but can any of you think of anything i can do so i don't forget them; sort of like a homage.

if this post makes any sense advice would be appreciated

Tap back

Luke:(

Hooray a 15 yr old that "don tlk lk dat"!

Dont worry Luke you will keep in touch if YOU want too. Theres facebook MSN and good old fashioned e mail or phone calls. Phone calls to UK can be made pretty cheap, so no worries there!

You will find your good friends will keep in touch with you and will probably want to come over for a stay once they hit 18!!

And you will have no problems making friends here, if you are open to it.

Good luck

sarah

Guest katsmajic

Hi Luke,

We told our teenagers to get lots of pics on their mobiles before we left and then we did collages through trueprint for them in poster sizes. All easily done online.

Also done it as gifts for rellies in the UK too, which was a really nice surprise as we had left and they got them direct in the post!

Phone calls are not that expensive and bebo (which i loathe) and facebook (which is fab) are really popular for keeping in touch and sharing pics etc.

Good luck with the move, my guys were terrified and convinced we were ruining their lives - been here 7 weeks now and they love it here.

Kat xx

also my space. I left UK when I was 10 and never got to say goodbye to one particular playmate, who I have recently found again through internet after 30 yrs, had a good gasbag and got out old photies to swap. you'll never forget those friends that you had through childhood, they'll pop into your thoughts whenyour least expecting it, so yeah keep all your photies, have a special book for all your and their thoughts. And it's poss to be on msn same time as uk, you just have to stay up late :)

Guest mOZzy

hi luke!

not trivial at all!

friends are important and i think we all worry about it (whatever age :goofy:)

you've got some good suggestions already.

i personally like myspace. keep a blog of what your adventure, add pictures and songlists and ask your friends to do the same.

or how about take a videocamera into school (or your favourite places) and have a walk about and make everyone say a message or do something funny?!

or get an empty notebook and make them all write things in it - or if they are more creative like little collages.

i am sure you won't forget your friends - at least not the ones who keep in touch :cute: