Flying nerves setting in....

Hughes'Roberts

Hi :-)

We fly to Adelaide from London on the 2nd of June & the nerves have started to set in especially with whats happened recently. Unfortunately im not a very good flyer nor is my husband!

Has anyone got any good tips on how to overcome these awful feelings!!

Nat & Gaz :-)

Edited by Hughes'Roberts

have always tried to treat the flight itself as the first day of The Holiday

....pack some of those really cheesy novels and magazines like the ones you read on the beach, plus some guilty pleasures (- personally always have a Jumbo Dark Chocolate Kit Kat)

-and don't forget the comfy beach ware like flip flops....go on -get in the mood. Let your inner POM out for a break

Also (...seems daft, if you don't like flying), but how about dropping off somewhere for some mooching en route? -There's literally a whole planet of diversions between here and there

JB:swoon:

Thanks for the tips :-)

Would love to sleep the whole way but no chance of any with a 22 month old!

I'd think you'd get a snooze at some point :) Our son was 22 months when we did a holiday over to Aus and we took the night flight out and he conked out for 8 hours straight soon after take off from Heathrow. We got him into his PJ's while waiting to board the flight, he had a drink of warm milk from a cafe in the departure lounge about an hour before and we had a meal about an hour before that so he was nicely stuffed and ready to sleep once he was ready for bed. He was still using one of those sleeping bags so we popped him into that and I carried him onto the plane and settled him down on my lap for take off. Gave him all the sleep signals and by that point he was so tired he could not keep his eyes open.

"some Lorazepam and sleep all the way!"

- well .....hope you don't mean that literally, Helen.

spending 12 hours plus sitting and just snoozing - that would be a a great way of giving yourself a D V T

JB

which reminds me....have you considered taking half a soluble aspirin every day for the fortnight before the flight? ...ask your GP about it