• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Newbies from Wales making the big move...lots of ?

239 times

1. Try KMart and BIG W for household items - bit like Mataland and imagine Tescos without the food. :-)
      snifter and flossybeth like this.
      Chris, Sarah, Molly & Phoebe - Arrived in Adelaide 21st August 2007, Living in Moana

0 times
      Wow! thank you all for taking the time to read all out questions and reply with so much great information! I will be sure to try and check out all the recommendations!

So we are having a bit of a nightmare with the whole process (mainly an internal HR issue that slowed the application right down), I got the job in the first week of June but only now the application has gone in via a consultancy... lots of hiccups and delays getting to this point. I was originally expected to start my new job mid august but that was then pushed out until the end of September!

NOW the consultant has said the application has been lodged stage 1 can take 6 weeks but hopefully closer to 3! that would take us up to mid September! Does anyone have any recent experience with a 457 visa and how long it took for each stage?

Its frustrating as we are having our house emptied into a container mid august, then living with Jess mother until we leave, we have booked furnished accommodation for the 1st 6 weeks while the container is sent over. But have not booked flights etc as we don't know dates for sure! any advice welcome!

Thanks all for your help so far :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12