Help with finding finance providers?

tonyl

I am emigrating with my family and will be arriving in Adelaide very early next year and need to conduct some initial commercial research in preparation for starting a business once settled and any advice or suggestions from anyone on the following topic really would be greatly appreciated!

Based upon a business model used in the UK, I would like to make contact with any companies in Australia who are providers of personal loans for people who choose to finance a product/service purchase with repayments over a fixed term, like a 2/3/4 year period.

This would not include regular banks, where people can arrange their own loans through their own personal bank account but specifically more along the lines of where the company who is selling the product or service can offer the customer the option to pay for their purchase on a financed basis through a third party finance provider... for example;

If an individual wanted to buy a new car or carry out home improvements such as installing new replacement windows or a new kitchen or new bathroom etc. and the seller of the items offers the buyer the option of paying for their purchase over time but then uses a 'finance provider' to facilitate the loan.

I'm pretty sure they do exist but I would like to ascertain for certain that these sorts of companies do in fact operate in Australia and if so, if anyone has "experience of" or "knows of" any companies who provide this kind of facility, perhaps you would be kind enough to let me know their trading name &/or website?

Once again, any advice, feedback or suggestions from anyone on how to find this information really would be appreciated.

Many thanks

tonyl

Hi, not sure if this is the kind of thing you mean but this is what is generally offered among the big retailers.

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/customer-service/finance-options/interest-free

https://www.certegyezipay.com.au

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/finance

ive personally only used Certegy but most finance is offered through a credit card company from what I can tell.

Hey Rob

Thanks for that, appreciate it.

I was worried that there might be some legislation in Aus which prevented 3rd part providers of finance but clearly there isn't as all your suggestions provide it.

Really appreciate your reply, thanks again

tonyl