Is It Worth It ??

Guest MitchKeza

Guest MitchKeza

Hello everyone. As of today our visa apllication has been submitted. We hope to arrive in Adelaide in twelve months. We are absolutely bricking it. We are giving everything we built up in the UK up for a dream we have had for about ten years. Australia and the lifestyle is what we want. Is it worth it ????????

Guest steve&tracy

I hope it is worth it because we are going in a couple of weeks. We too are very nervous about the whole move but are going to give it 110%. And as they say if we don't like it we can come home,but at least we can say we gave it a go.We are hoping the life style will be alot better for ourselves and our kids.Yes we are starting again but thats the risk we take.I look at the u.k. and i can't see much of a future for my little ones here.Hopefully it will be better in oz, only time will tell.

Hi

We've been here 10 months now and have loved every minute. Its a great lifestyle for the kids and its been so much more sociable for us. Theres less 'keeping up with the Joness' and everyone seems to take you for what you are.

It was defo worth it!

Good luck with your application!

sarahx

Guest sassy

OMG!!!!! i hope it is worth it after all this talk and planning you guys.....u cant turn back now and once we see our consultant we will be right behind u on the plane ...hahahaha. we need to be positive and go with an open mind its our kids future now...:)at least we will be together(any1 reading this...this is my sister and her hubby!!) heres to the next 12 months of serious planning...xxx sarah:daydreaming:

Guest The Pottertons

Is it worth not going and never knowing if your dream would be realised? I think if you've wanted this for 10 years the yearning to give it a go wont go away and if it isnt what you expected at least you had the determination to give it a shot and the experience of that on its own will enrich your lives. I say go for it cos more people love it than hate it from what ive found! Good luck guys, i really hope it works out for you! Yvonne x

Guest MitchKeza

Thanks for all your replies. Australia is the dream and in about eleven months we will be living it. I suppose I am feeling exactly the same way as all of you did, in the months before you left the UK. If in dought do without as they say, but believe me when we say there's no dought in this families minds (including Sassy's family). Two families from Carlisle Cumbria are about to descend upon Australia next year, GOD HELP YOU ALL !!!!! "ITS BARBIE TIME" !!:notworthy:

I think everybody has an Oh My God! moment when they send off their visa application and an even bigger one when they actually get their visa! We've been here 11 months now and whilst it hasn't been 100% problem free it certainly has been worth every single second. My children love it here, they have a great life and as a family we've made some fabulous friends and have a great social life (sometimes too great - my liver is about to shut down...!) If you've been dreaming of this for ten years then I'd say you absolutely HAVE to give it a go!

Guest Deb17

Sorry, but again I have to stick my oar in and be the only person on this thread with their feet on the ground and their head not stuck up in the clouds in daydreamland. Everyone keeps saying there's a wonderful future for their kids here and this is why they made the move. We did that too, only I now think I've sacrificed my own life and career for them, and while I would lay down my life for them in a second, give them a lung, a kidney, my blood, my head on a silver platter if it was needed, I don't actually think their future's going to be any easier here than it was in the UK - certainly academically I don't believe the schools have the same standards and I wonder from day to day if they're actually learning anything useful or whether we'll ever be able to afford to put them through uni and give them the same kinds of choices in life that we were able to have. It's nice for the folk that have little ones - they have a lot more fun, but I think if you have older kids there are the same problems here as in England, lack of recreational amenities, drugs, drink and have you seen how 16 and 17 year old P platers drive? It makes my blood run cold.

...not that I'm trying to put anyone off.

Deb.

Guest MitchKeza

Yet again may I thank evryone for replying to my initial thread, either good or bad. All sides need covered with regards to our questions. The Adelaide Advertiser website, The Australian newspaper website and PIA are brilliant ways of gaining much needed information. I am fully aware that every city in the world has good and bad areas, people, etc in them but the Australian climate and low unemployment figures are just a couple of the reasons for our emigration. We want our children to live an alfresco lifestyle and enjoy the sporting mentality of the Australians. Anyhow, keep those replies coming in good and bad. Regards Mitchkeza.:notworthy: