here and loving it

ianb

Well all, we arrived here in Adelaide last saturday (14th) and was greeted by the smiling faces of Gra, Jacs, Holly and Owen which was a lovely surprise and certainly a very good welcome to see some familiar faces.

After fitting the lorry load of cases into the car ( and Gras!!) we made our way to first pick up the house keys and then off to the house.

Since has been a very busy week sorting out things for the house and finding our feet. The time has flown by and cant believe that tomorrow a week has already passed.

Harry and Georgia have made friends with the neighbours children and apart from struggling to now get them in at nights from playing they have settled in well. Have applied to get them into a school near us and fingers crossed that goes well as the school seemed great when we visited.

have finally joind a library today to get the internet access and have arranged our phones for next monday with the internet as soon after as possible. At least then we will not feel isolated from the outside world, Not that we have had time as its been manic!

Have been for 5 job interviews so far (will tell the story of the struggles later!:goofy:) and so far have 2 job offers on the table to choose with good salaries with good companys ( Talent 2 Recruitment:notworthy:)

Right, will update things later but all we can say is we are loving it and have been made to feel welcome by everyone we have spoken to and we look forward to having the time to meet some of you guys soon!

Guest Guest75

Welcome to Adelaide!!!

Great to hear you are doing well.

Excellent result on 2 job offers!!

That's Mod #2 here now..pull yer finger out Pete!!!

Guest salisbury massive

glad to hear you arrived safely. we are only down the road if you need anything. well 15 minutes down Main North Road anyway :) Which school did you apply to?

Jo

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Good to meet you yesterday Ian at Talent2, congratulations on your offers so far, get the trivial matters of a job and kids settled in school so we can get some serious work done on the golf course,

Guzzler

Guest weesp

Hi Ian,

I'm so glad you are enjoying it, we are also, can't believe it's been a week already since we were chatting on the plane, seems a lifetime ago.

Glad your settled and you are enjoying your time. Take care and carry on enjoying your adventure.

Lynn

Guest deb and stoo

Yo Ian dude

Welcome to ADL M8 and really pleased to hear you're settling in, as you say the first week or so just flies by and wonderful news on the job front ;).

I've just done my first week, well am in tommorrow too and must admit I'm flippin knackered, but I'm sure I'll get used to getting up at 05.30 six mornings a week and finishing at four's not so bad.

We'll have to get you out on the golf course ASAP, though am sure Gra has made arrangements already, it might be a while before I venture out as I can see myself sleeping most of this Sunday and the next few :SLEEP:.

Will PM my phone numbers etc and we'll have to have a chat.:)

Guest steve&tracy

Well done Ian and Rachel looks like your settling in o.k. Well done on the job offers ian.Hope everything else falls into place for you. Hope the kids settle in school o.k. ( Have you got your clubs yet?)Speak soon

regards Steve.

Guest graandjac

:jiggy:Great news guys , we were met at the airport and remember how nice it was to see a friendly face , so thought its good to do the same, glad to see things comming together , give us a call if you need anything . Cheers Gra & Jac

Guest Lulujim

Congrats!! Fab start to your new life down under! Can I ask whether you set the job interviews up before you got there - and what field you work in? My OH is very panicky about not finding work as he doesn't have a trade as such. :confused:

Thanks!

Guest mOZzy

great to hear from you lot and that things are going well for you:cute:

always good to be told that especially the kids settle in nicely!!

lucas still remembers harry and ask for him!!!

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Ian, Rachel and the Crew,

Congratulations on the Job offer and good luck with the school. Actually good luck with everything and hope to see you before the years out!!

Martin and Val 26_11_8.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB

Thanks all, have "borrowed the library internet again!!

Well been here a week and a day now. Time gone so quick. I have one more interview to go that talent 2 have kindly arranged then its make up time as to which job to choose! Thats going to be a hard one as have only ever been used to one firm. :confused:

Well as before the children have settled in great and have made loads of friends already. We have applied to get them into Catherine Mccauly in Craigmore (SPELLING WRONG I KNOW!:goofy:) Looked good when we went there and even Harry and Georgia said they like so a good sign!

Have now got most of the furniture needed or on order at least! Fingers crossed we should have the container in a week or so as we have been told by the removals! ( Was told 6th june arrival! - buy hey all good things come to those who wait!)

Our phone line goes on tomorrow then we are at least almost normal and not so detached.

Well Rachel has her new Honda CRV she wanted and the first trip out down to colanades shopping ending up being a mad dash back with a new Golden Lab puppy!! The kids see it , fell in love and that was it! So now we have our own little Ozzie called "Millie". Will post some pictures soon of the house , car and of course the little cutie! (the dog!)

Next on the agenda now for me is to get to the golf shop and have a set of clubs fitted (well the kids got the puppy and Rachel her CRV!). Then i can start arranging some golf days with the folks here ( let us know if anyone fancies a round soon!)

Well, the kids are moaning wanting to get back to play with the neighbours so best go and get some peace! (oh i forgot now got the dog so bang goes that!)

See you all soon

Guest Django
Well Rachel has her new Honda CRV

I hope you don't have wheelie bins anywhere near you!!! ;):biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sounds like things are falling into place just nicely.

Pete