Flights Booked one way ticket

Guest dave&jacky

Guest dave&jacky

:)Hi Flight booked for Sun 6th July leave Heathrow 10pm on Singapore airlines get in to Adelaide tue 8th and start new job and new life on 14th July, Jacky flys out to join me at the end of august cant really belive it is all happening running around like a headless chicken:err: at the moment trying to sort every thing out but looking forward to it all.:jiggy:

Dave

Guest dempseys

Hi Dave,

Were are in a similar boat. Im traveling first then Macky and Aaron will follow in 3 weeks. I need to be over soon, I need to start work, uni, and sort our new house build out.

Just looking through things, we need to sort medicare out and get tax no.s (been told you can do this online).

Have you got any consessions for cost and baggage allowance with emigrating?

Im just looking for flights now, I should get our visas back next fri hopefully.

Mark

Guest dave&jacky
Hi Dave,

Were are in a similar boat. Im traveling first then Macky and Aaron will follow in 3 weeks. I need to be over soon, I need to start work, uni, and sort our new house build out.

Just looking through things, we need to sort medicare out and get tax no.s (been told you can do this online).

Have you got any consessions for cost and baggage allowance with emigrating?

Im just looking for flights now, I should get our visas back next fri hopefully.

Mark

Hi Mark,

The company that have given me a job are paying for my flights I have booked it all through Travelmood and going on Singapore airlines if you email scott.mercer@travelmood.com i found him very good and helpfull.

I could only get 20kg baggage allowance because my visa is a 457 temporary for 4 years if you have a permanent visa you can take 40kg.

Good luck Dave.

Guest stufi1997

Don't panic too much about tax file numbers and medicare (think you have to be here to get them anyway) It takes 5 mins each to register with them....no probs. There are medicare offices in all the big shopping centres and you're covered by showing your passport for medical treatment even if you haven't registered....Taxfile numbers are easy too but i'm pretty sure you need an address in australia before you can get either....Cheers Fiona

p.s. if you phone up Singapore Airlines beforehand they can and will(depending on who you get on the phone) give you a greater baggage allowance...otherwise it's £27 per kilo excess baggage....careful that soon adds up!!

Guest dave&jacky
:notworthy:Thats fab we moved here 18months ago best thing we have ever done! Have you got somewhere sorted to live?

Hi Wuz

Glad you love it over there, I have booked in to a holiday apartment for the first 3 weeks its a place in west beach jacky and I stayed there when we came over to adelaide last November my company are paying for 2 weeks of it so that good

Cheers Dave

Guest dave&jacky
Don't panic too much about tax file numbers and medicare (think you have to be here to get them anyway) It takes 5 mins each to register with them....no probs. There are medicare offices in all the big shopping centres and you're covered by showing your passport for medical treatment even if you haven't registered....Taxfile numbers are easy too but i'm pretty sure you need an address in australia before you can get either....Cheers Fiona

p.s. if you phone up Singapore Airlines beforehand they can and will(depending on who you get on the phone) give you a greater baggage allowance...otherwise it's £27 per kilo excess baggage....careful that soon adds up!!

Hi Stu & Fiona

Yes I tried ringing singapore airlines but the bloke i spoke to said i was only allowed 20kg because of the temp visa,:arghh:

How are you finding living in Victor Harbor.

Cheers Dave.