How far we are from the UK

Guest louiesmum

Guest louiesmum

I just had the most awful news about one of my families close friends & it just makes you realise how far away we are, I just want to go there & be with the family & I cant, sending cards flowers and so on just doesnt seem to be enough, but its all I can do, its a very sad day

Michele

Guest Tracey Smith

I know what you mean. We had a phone call in February informing us that my 45 year old brother had died suddenly. I wanted to get straight on a plane as I knew my mum needed me but couldn't get there until the next week in time for the funeral. I flew there and back in just under a week and now I know what jet lag is really like.

I know exactly how you feel, my best friend was pregnant with twins and went into spontaneous labour at 26 weeks, one little boy died at 18 days and the other is still critical. All I wanted to do was to go back and she has begged me to be there but I know that I would have to leave her again as I have responsibilities here. Its very hard and you feel torn and wonder whether it was worth it but just hold on to why you are here and try to support people through phone calls and emails.

Guest stufi1997

Hiya,

Know exactly how you feel...we got horrible news last night too. :sad:Makes you feel so useless knowing you can't even make phonecalls without calculating the time difference first. Just do what you can, they'll know you're thinking of them. Keep your chin up, lifes a big circle. :wubclub:Have a big hug from me xxx Fiona

Sorry to hear your news, as yet I have still to experience this and hope it's a long time before I do.

As previously said, they will know you are thinking of them and would be there if you could, communicating with them will give them strength to know that you care.

Have a hug from me too x