Container Has Arrived

Guest morgie@51

Guest morgie@51

Great news. Our container arrived last Friday, 9 weeks and 1 day after leaving Winsford. We have managed to unpack everything bar about 5 boxes and most things have found a permanent or semi permanent home.

We used John Mason and we were happy with their service at both ends. However, their packing skills have left me amazed. Let me explain. I wasn't there when they packed as I had already come over to Adelaide. Before I left Ali and I had already been through what was coming and what wasn't. We tried to sell as much of the not coming stuff as we could at car boots. As I wasn't there at the time of the 'big pack' Ali's parents came to help and were fully briefed on what was not to be packed.

You can understand my surprise therefore when I started to find things that weren't supposed to have been shipped. It started with our pans - fair enough, a small item easy to get mixed up. Then it was the curtains from our lounge - hmm they hadn't been used in the rented house before we left, maybe the bag got shoved in amongst a pile of clothes. Next up it was my trouser press - it works but one of the feet is broken and irritates the life out of me because it keeps falling over. I had justified buying a new one to myself but now can't given the cash we've just spent over the last 3 months when the darn thing does actually press trousers :arghh:.

Just as I was questioning how these could possibly have been sneaked past Ali in walked the removals guys with an armchair. "I didn't think that was coming" said I. "No, neither did I" said Ali. " I thought that was going to your Dad for when his back is bad" said I, "So did I, obviously not" said Ali. "How did they manage to get a whole armchair past you?" said I, "It was a bit chaotic!" said Ali.

Never mind better to have things that we weren't expecting than things not arriving. Ali is now putting it down to the 2 hours she spent walking the streets with the youngest to get her away from her mother :biglaugh::biglaugh:.