Citizenship ceremony

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We did ours last night, we did it in the Onkaparinga area as our council had done their quota for the year.

Filled out the election forms at the end so will be able to vote!!!!!!

And they laid on a buffet after, didnt go near that though (I was good Corneilia). There was something that looked like FAIRY BREAD:huh:.

We also got a plant each, which was handy as I have some planting to do in the garden and would of had to go to bunnings, this has saved me the trip! But at about $240 a plant I think i would have got cheaper at Bunnings!:biglaugh:

sarah

Guest Roo1

Hey, thats great news Sarah!! So what's with the plant? Why do they give everyone a plant each? Has it some kind of symbolic meaning? :err:

Judi x

Guest Django

Now you can get your aussie passport and next time you go through arrivals you can join the smallest queue. :biglaugh:

Congrats on doing the do. How does this work with your children? Do they now automatically become citizens or do theu have a test to pass as well????

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We got native bushes:biglaugh:. Good job I have a place in the garden for them, we will call it "citizenship corner":biglaugh:.

sarah

Guest caoimhe
Its an australian plant so you can put down roots, my sis got a gum tree in tube.

I know it may seem corny but I think that's a lovely idea:GEEK:

Congrats Sarah and family and good luck with the future:wubclub:

Guest Django
You on the cheeky juice again Pete? l.o.l

13_4_1v.gif

No no no

Far too early for me being English, what?. Sun doesn't hit the yard arm for another 75 minutes.;)

Pete

Guest Deb17

Many, hearty congratulations on the citizenship...something a lot of us are still aspiring to. Can I just check for future reference? It is five years you have to live here before you can apply, isn't it? (GULP, got to get the PR first!)

Thanks,

Deb x

Guest Devon

CONGRATULATIONS! :notworthy:

So it was worth walking through the market for then to get a free plant? :biglaugh:

Hoping to see you soon but have had to postpone my flight :sad: so will be a bit longer than anticipated.

At this rate I'll have missed winter :biglaugh: doesn't make up for missing B and your cheeky son though!!!!!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

From 18 up you must sit the test costing $240, between 16and 18 you do an "interview":biglaugh:, they ask no questions but for that it is $120.

We had PR visa so waited 2 yrs to apply.

sarah

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Congratulations Sarah and family,we are now awaiting our date for a ceremony, how long from applying to getting a date was it for you guys?

Guzzler