50 Days And Counting!!

Guest deanrm

Guest deanrm

Hi All

Just to let you all know that we have finished off our roller coaster week by BOOKING OUR FLIGHTS!!!!! YIPPEE!!

We leave London on Sunday 24th August 2008 - arrive in Adelaide on Tuesday 26th Audust 2008. How exciting is that??

We are soooo happy. But I keep getting pangs of guilt about the kids, will they like it?, will they make friends?? They go to a fantastic school here and have so many friends, all the other things I am fine with. It is just the kids!! So if anyone has kids of similar ages (6 and 5), playdates and advice would be appreicated.

Sorry to ramble again.

Trisha

Hi Trisha, congratulations on booking your flights! Our children are 4 and 2.5 but I promise you they are even more settled than we are! They have activities 6 days a week and absolutely love it here. There are playgroups all over the place but obviously it depends on where you eventually settle. If you find yourself in the southern suburbs of Reynella, Woodcroft or Happy Valley then feel free to pm me when you arrive and we'd be happy to give you help and advice. Your 6 year old will obviously be going to school and your 4 year old will be eligible to go to kindy for four half day sessions so I reckon you'll have no problems meeting people!

Hi All

Just to let you all know that we have finished off our roller coaster week by BOOKING OUR FLIGHTS!!!!! YIPPEE!!

We leave London on Sunday 24th August 2008 - arrive in Adelaide on Tuesday 26th Audust 2008. How exciting is that??

We are soooo happy. But I keep getting pangs of guilt about the kids, will they like it?, will they make friends?? They go to a fantastic school here and have so many friends, all the other things I am fine with. It is just the kids!! So if anyone has kids of similar ages (6 and 5), playdates and advice would be appreicated.

Sorry to ramble again.

Trisha

Hi Trisha,

Don't panic about the kids, my son did not want to leave his friends, he has really settled here he loves the beach, fishing off the jetty, cycling around and going to school.

We live in a suburb called west lakes shore and hired a house on the beach for $380 per week. Its a 3 bedroom home that is actually on the beach, we are probably going home soon not because we cant settle, just for different reasons.

If you would be interested in this home pm me and well put the web cam on so you can look around. We have taken the lease on for 1 year so we have to sub let it.

let me know Lauraxxx:cute: