Gutted!All that tidying up yesterday for "NOTHING!"

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

After my marathon tidy up yesterday (hey world record with 5 kids in less than an hour)my viewers have put an offer in on ANOTHER house!!!!:arghh:

How dare they!Nothing wrong with my lovely house!Not that i'm bitter or taking it personally you understand!:mad:

Oh well back to square one and another night on the wine!:goofy:

Thanks for all your good luck messages (really appreciated them - but think i will keep quiet about anymore viewings):sad:

Anyway good luck to everybody else in this frustrating,sole destroying,pain in A . . E

situation!

Gill

Guest mOZzy

i am sorry to hear that!!

we are in the same boat so i totally understand what you mean!!!!!

but sharing it helps at least me.

and don't you dare giving up :jiggy:

there IS a buyer out there for you (and me please)

fingers crossed they turn up soon!

Guest cunnah10
i am sorry to hear that!!

we are in the same boat so i totally understand what you mean!!!!!

but sharing it helps at least me.

and don't you dare giving up :jiggy:

there IS a buyer out there for you (and me please)

fingers crossed they turn up soon!

Arr Thanks!!!

Does deflate you though ..... doesn't it!

Guest sprayer

I'm so sorry to hear about your viewer. It really is devastating as it's a buyer's market.

You are not alone. We to had a viewer the other week. It was a family who had sold there house and were living with friends. They seemed to love the house and kept asking us if we could move out quick (which we can) They were asking what we were leaving and it all seemed so positive. They too have put in an offer on another property :arghh:

Before this, we had accepted an offer on our property. We had it "under offer" for 9 weeks with no survey done. We didnt want to push him incase we lost him. EA kept telling us buyer was having property. We have now heard (14 weeks later) that they have gone for another property. EA hasnt bothered to tell us so we have changed EA.

Very depressing but hang in there. There is a buyer for us all somewhere.

Guest Django
my viewers have put an offer in on ANOTHER house!!!!

B******ds:realmad::realmad::realmad:

What's wrong with these people? Don't they know you need to sell your house rather than some other soul that just wants to? No I guess they don't otherwise they will be putting a ridiculous offer in on your gaff.:mad:

Keep going it'll happen Gill.

Pete

Guest cunnah10

I hope so Pete!I really do!

We have until end December MAXIMUM (worse case scenerio our agent has informed us )to activate our visa (by actually living there and starting the ball rolling for the 3 year temp period to start)

really wanted to be there by September but now thinking S..t what if we are still in this position come Oct/Nov even December!!!

Tanks

Guest Martin and Val

This really is a complete pain for all of us trying to sell. Our last viewer loved everything but felt the lounge was to dark! Well turn the B----y light on then or sit in another room. :realmad: I then spent the next ten hours getting rid of some furnisher and repainting the walls a lighter colour at the suggestion of the agent. No viewings since and to top it all the agent is packing it all in on 25th July and opening a hair dressing salon! We have had someone interested since the beginning but they cant sell theirs. We have lowered ours £25,000 to help but he won't lower his! Not the same motivation as us I suppose.

Well we are leaving it on the market at the moment but are getting all the things put in place to rent it out and review this damn situation in 12-18 months time.

God we hope this isn't all a waste of time. Nine weeks with the decision maker this Tuesday and still no answer! :arghh:

Good luck to everybody.

Martin and Val

Guest caoimhe
I hope so Pete!I really do!

We have until end December MAXIMUM (worse case scenerio our agent has informed us )to activate our visa (by actually living there and starting the ball rolling for the 3 year temp period to start)

really wanted to be there by September but now thinking S..t what if we are still in this position come Oct/Nov even December!!!

Tanks

Ahh Gill it's heartbreaking. BL***Y Gits

We are in same boat as you but have to Feb to validate temp visa. Don't know if it helps but agent told us that if you can't fulfill criteria within 3 years you can apply for 1 year extension. I know it's not ideal but gives a bit more time. We are going to leave it till November and if no shift on house are going to put ourselves in even more debt by going to Oz for holiday and keep trying to sell. I am not giving up this dream until I have no more options left.

BTW after my rant yesterday on your thread that viewer who looked at neighbour house is viewing mine tomorrow night, so if you don't mind could you keep your fingers crossed for us.

Keep your chin up and remember it only takes that one person to come thru the door and buy it

Guest cunnah10

Bless You!I wish all the luck in the world!Will keep my fingers,toes and everything crossed 4 you!

Let us know how it goes!

xxxx

Can you cross your fingers for us too, we are trying to stay positive but its so hard our neighbours are really trying to provoke us into an argument, last friday I had enough and went into the estate agents and have now dropped the price of our house by £25,000 just to try and get interest and get out of this situation, I'm not religious but I've started praying, we haven't got our visa yet but will hopefully be coming in about 3 - 4 months and we will go as soon as we can after that.

Good luck to us all, maybe in a year's time we'll all meet up and compare the slog of it and I don't mean on PIA.

Chin up Gill, Your a brave lady breaking out of the mould of whats expected of you in the UK It will be interesting to see the changes in OZ. When I start to frett I just have to start focusing on our goal.

Julie

Guest cunnah10
Can you cross your fingers for us too, we are trying to stay positive but its so hard our neighbours are really trying to provoke us into an argument, last friday I had enough and went into the estate agents and have now dropped the price of our house by £25,000 just to try and get interest and get out of this situation, I'm not religious but I've started praying, we haven't got our visa yet but will hopefully be coming in about 3 - 4 months and we will go as soon as we can after that.

Good luck to us all, maybe in a year's time we'll all meet up and compare the slog of it and I don't mean on PIA.

Chin up Gill, Your a brave lady breaking out of the mould of whats expected of you in the UK It will be interesting to see the changes in OZ. When I start to frett I just have to start focusing on our goal.

Julie

will pray for you too if it will help!Horrible situation to be in!We don't get on with our neighbours either(i know it's not us as i speak to everybody else and nobody speaks to them - just unfortunate we are attached to their semi!!!

They too are trying their best to provoke us BUT i refuse to bite the bait and made my OH promise to do the same!

Wish you all the luck - keep my fingers crossed for you and everybody else on here in this deflating situ!

And yes we "will" have to meet up on the otherside and hopefully laugh about all this over a few bottles of wine/beers

x

Guest natdan

Hi Gill, chin up that buyer could be the next viewer through the door thats what my OH keeps telling me [ manager of our estate agents / dont slate her !!!!] NO seriously theres that many of us in the same position [ validate by december ] its untrue . CAN VISA VAIDATIONS BE EXTENDED does anybody know or is the date set in stone , we have 136 subclass visa, and the last problem we thought we;d have was selling up, especially with OH job. Anyway good luck to us all, wayne n louise.

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill, chin up that buyer could be the next viewer through the door thats what my OH keeps telling me [ manager of our estate agents / dont slate her !!!!] NO seriously theres that many of us in the same position [ validate by december ] its untrue . CAN VISA VAIDATIONS BE EXTENDED does anybody know or is the date set in stone , we have 136 subclass visa, and the last problem we thought we;d have was selling up, especially with OH job. Anyway good luck to us all, wayne n louise.

Thanks wayne!

good luck to you also!

I thought you could extend the other end of visa but not sure if you can delay activating it!

Guest Guest75
Thanks wayne!

good luck to you also!

I thought you could extend the other end of visa but not sure if you can delay activating it!

Good luck Jill

We had tons of timewaster with our house sale so I know the agony:mad:

I don't think there is a way to extend visas - you only have 12 months from your police clearances and medicals I believe.

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Gill,

I know how you feel about all the racing around and tidying up which has come to nothing. We are in the same boat. Our house has been under offer for 8 weeks and it looks like they are about to drop us in it. So far I've had to tidy up for 31 viewings. I know I should be grateful to be getting viewings but to be honest most of the people were time wasters. Some hadn't even put their houses on the market yet.

Whenever you are feeling down just remember to keep on plodding. We will never get there if we give up trying. I know it's a horrible time but you never know who might come and view next. Keep your chin up.

Hedy

Guest cunnah10
Good luck Jill

I don't think there is a way to extend visas - you only have 12 months from your police clearances and medicals I believe.

That is what i thought (unless you resubmitted new medicals and police checks i suppose - but who wants to do that)

Thanks for good luck message!

Guest Guest75
That is what i thought (unless you resubmitted new medicals and police checks i suppose - but who wants to do that)

Thanks for good luck message!

We didn't but had to!!!:mad::mad:

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Gill,

Thanks for your reply. After I posted the message to you I got stuck into some of those Anzac biscuits that a lady in Adeliade posted a recipe for on this site. Probably ate more than I should but it makes you feel better about things. Will get bigger and fatter if house sale drags on too long! Might have to start a PIA diet club at this rate for all the house sellers!

Goodluck.

Hedy

Guest mOZzy
Arr Thanks!!!

Does deflate you though ..... doesn't it!

it sure does!!!!!!

we had the visa in the bag in may; house on the market; got an offer after only 5 weeks and KABOOM they dropped out :swoon:

ever since we are yep deflated is a good word and lost all the drive...

but we won't give up :skeptical:

Guest graandjac

:sad:Hang in there Gill , we have all been there it only takes one viewing to sell your house, thats all we had one viewing and they bought the house . Although i do feel for you and everyone else in this situation........hang on in there guys cheers Graham

Guest natdan
Good luck Jill

Could you re do medicals and police checks, would save money /time etc , instead of travelling all the way to oz just to activate visas [ £4000 ] for short stay travel back to the uk , and still have to try and sell up. anyone with any info please help !!!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh: