Bl**dy ell its cold and wet

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:arghh:well there is some good news for everyone still in the uk , on the News last night it was announced that yesterday we had the coldest day in 3 years:p , it was freezing........wait for it 13deg ,and some more good news in the past 24 hours Adelaide has had more than 30mm of rain .....i know i was working in it today:shocked:...............see its not all good over here. cheers Graham

Guest Deb17

13!? I heard on the car radio it dropped to 11.2. I know it was mighty cold 'cos I had to have my heating on all evening. Brrrrr! Yet oddly, it quite cheered me up, (you'll be thinking 'strange') but it reminded me of 'home' so I didn't feel quite so homesick. For that same reason, I like to go for a walk on the beach when it's stormy, it makes me fondly reminisce about WET and WILD bank holidays in Brean or Blackpool! Ah, those were the days! Being lashed by rain, hail and a force ten gale:)

Guest natdan
:arghh:well there is some good news for everyone still in the uk , on the News last night it was announced that yesterday we had the coldest day in 3 years:p , it was freezing........wait for it 13deg ,and some more good news in the past 24 hours Adelaide has had more than 30mm of rain .....i know i was working in it today:shocked:...............see its not all good over here. cheers Graham

POOR YOU [ pardon the pun ]. At least the gardens will benefit, we;ve not seen the sun for over aweek [ peeing down again and of work dont know why i bothered] and it is summer [ when !!!! ]. roll on house sale , longing to escape uk. wayne n louise:daydreaming:

Guest ali@51

Hi

The woman on the weather last night said to get all rugged up! I'll tell you we cant get anymore rugged than we are all ready. I love minky blankets and the kids hot water bottles are their best freinds!!!! 28_3_11.gif

Guest graandjac
13!? I heard on the car radio it dropped to 11.2. I know it was mighty cold 'cos I had to have my heating on all evening. Brrrrr! Yet oddly, it quite cheered me up, (you'll be thinking 'strange') but it reminded me of 'home' so I didn't feel quite so homesick. For that same reason, I like to go for a walk on the beach when it's stormy, it makes me fondly reminisce about WET and WILD bank holidays in Brean or Blackpool! Ah, those were the days! Being lashed by rain, hail and a force ten gale:)

Well our "home" is ADELAIDE and believe me i cant wait for the sunshine i didnt come all this way for rain and gales:biglaugh:cheers Graham

Guest Deb17

Graham, with every respect, I don't think you've really been here long enough to get as homesick as I am, so me talking of 'home' is purely subjective. You wait until Christmas time comes...you might find it all seems a bit topsy turvy when you're struggling to breathe in 40 degree heat...that can be as much a pain in the backside as rain and gales, especially when you've had to park your car where there's no shade and you come back to it 10 minutes later to discover the interior is doing a good imitation of a blast furnace.

Guest caoimhe
well there is some good news for everyone still in the uk , on the News last night it was announced that yesterday we had the coldest day in 3 years , it was freezing........wait for it 13deg ,and some more good news in the past 24 hours Adelaide has had more than 30mm of rain .....i know i was working in it today:shocked:...............see its not all good over here. cheers Graham

Give over moaning, it's 14deg in NI with constant rain, suppose to be summer and kids are OFF school:arghh: I think I'm the one with something to moan about:p

God I can't wait to complain about Adelaide's cold winter;)

Guest graandjac
Give over moaning, it's 14deg in NI with constant rain, suppose to be summer and kids are OFF school:arghh: I think I'm the one with something to moan about:p

God I can't wait to complain about Adelaide's cold winter;)

HeHe......oi..!!! its the only moaning you'll get from me.lol:biglaugh:cheers Graham

Guest ali@51
Give over moaning, it's 14deg in NI with constant rain, suppose to be summer and kids are OFF school I think I'm the one with something to moan about

God I can't wait to complain about Adelaide's cold winter

and complain you will:biglaugh:. We owe a few people major appolagies. We sat in the uk this time last year and thought soft sods!!!!!! However now we are here and the houses have no heating or insulation and are of single brick construction it is bleeping freezing 36_1_26.gif .Oh and our kids are of now too. Just you wait.

ali

Guest guest569

No heating or insulation ??? Speak for yourselves. I'm sitting with the heating at a nice 23 degrees. My van got stuck in the mud at work yesterday.Australian Building sites are worse than in the UK.The mud just turns to silt here !!!:mad:

Guest katsmajic

Gra said yesterday it was freezing and i called him soft, last night i was snugged up in bed and still cold....

you guys in UK - bring fleeces/blankets!

I can not wait for the summer, i have endured extreme heats before and lived to tell the tale, all without aircon, so im sure i'll cope here.

Roll on the 'odd' Xmas day on the beach, woohoo....

and im getting me a 'special' badge so i can park in the shade :)

Just to put things into context guys.... and jog your memories.....

It is Winter in Adelaide.......!

Its supposed to be Summer in the UK.

We spent the weekend watching the Kids at the Merseyside Youth Games on Saturday, and got absolutley soaked to the skin..... and we were in the stands where we had some shelter from the rain.

Roll-on 22 August, when we head for Adealide.....

Si

Guest caoimhe
Just to put things into context guys.... and jog your memories.....

It is Winter in Adelaide.......!

Its supposed to be Summer in the UK.

We spent the weekend watching the Kids at the Merseyside Youth Games on Saturday, and got absolutley soaked to the skin..... and we were in the stands where we had some shelter from the rain.

Si

:notworthy::notworthy:My thoughts exactly.

Blooming whinging Poms :biglaugh::P

Guest smit
No heating or insulation ??? Speak for yourselves. I'm sitting with the heating at a nice 23 degrees. My van got stuck in the mud at work yesterday.Australian Building sites are worse than in the UK.The mud just turns to silt here !!!:mad:
23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you australian or something??????:)....f

Guest katsmajic

I know its winter hehehe, and we chose to come here in winter to see the worst of what we are going to get...

Its summer in gloucestershire/uk and my mum says the weather is foul...

and i know which rain i want to be standing in...

we endured awful floods last year - was another push out of the door for us, and yet the local council has just agreed to build more houses on the flood plains which were totally submerged last summer!

We chose Adelaide because it had seasons, we figured it would be boring to be hot all year round!

Guest graandjac

:huh:let me change the context of the post........i was just trying to cheer everone in the uk up .....i dont care how cold and wet it is we love it:biglaugh:,after all its only going to last a few months then sunshine.... sunshine....sunshine bring it on. cheers Graham

Guest caoimhe
:huh:let me change the context of the post........i was just trying to cheer everone in the uk up .....i dont care how cold and wet it is we love it:biglaugh:,after all its only going to last a few months then sunshine.... sunshine....sunshine bring it on. cheers Graham

Yeah, the thing is though we are all jealous and can't wait to join you in the complaints about the cold few weeks you are enduring

Guest soggy

A few months ? the forcast says the suns back on Monday and by the middle of next week it will be 18 c,:):)

Simon

We chose Adelaide because it had seasons

Yep, same here.

It's funny though, I went to look at what the weather was going to be, for early this week, and saw that it was going to be heavy showers most days, then realised I was on the bbc's website for London, :biglaugh:

Don't get me wrong, I love the sunshine as much as the next person, but at least this weather gives me cause to make some lovely dinners. Had a great homemade lamb stew last night, along with dumplings, yum, yum :notworthy:

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh:

It is cold now - you don't get used to it either.

BUT - for the most of winter you can get outside and do jobs around the house/garden in comfortable temps.

This rain is most welcome - you know when you are settled because you do welcome it.

Saying that we are trying to organise a few days in QLD to get a bit of winter sun:idea: