Hi Gill, I know what you are going through, as you know its only been days since we
were in your situation, it is so hard with the market sooo pants, everyone in Oz its like being back in the eighties with boom and bust we are just not sure how long its going to take with this recession some say towards the end of the year it will start picking up some say it will be years.
What we are considering if we don't sell is to rent the house to the council they are keen on getting houses on long term let, a lot of people are doing it in our area with large family homes who are moving out of the country, apparently you can sign a contract which guarentees your home will be returned to you at the end of the rental aggreement in the same condition as you handing it over to them and with signing an rental agreement for several years they are locked in and continure to pay the rent whether they have an family in it or not.
This might be an option for you to think about.
When are you hoping to go have you your visa yet?
I'm sorry about the offer. 50k is alot of money to lose. I dont blame them for trying and maybe they will up there offer.
We have reduced ours again but had no interest. Oh, Sister in law & hubby want to buy our house. They can afford the reduced price but they need to sell there house. I just feel this could cause problems. BIL is a greedy bug#er and will want top price for his house, plus he wants us to take ours off the market. I mentioned at weekend that if he wants to go for our house, then he should price his house lower than rest to try an attract interest, cos he is getting a bargain with ours.
We will wait and see what happens.
Originally Posted by sprayer
So many of us in this situaton(horrible)!
Estate agent just phoned again - apparently this couple are really really keen and said it may take them a few weeks yet but are thinking about going back to the bank again to see if they can borrow more ("apparently ")
So NOT ruled out them coming back again with a better offer - will just have to sit tight!
Hubby is adamant he is NOT giving his house away for buttons no matter what - he has the figure in his head we will go to now and he is NOT budging(and i know he won't as he's very stubborn - but very practical also)
good luck all you guys who are on this rollercoaster ride !!!!
HI All , This house thing is a pain , i know? we had a viewing on Saturday , she liked it , he said the garden was to small? It's a new build DA ? LOOK AT THE PICTURE'S , does my head in , I wish people do there homework first ? oh the garden is 45ft square big enough for a bounce castle and 25 people 4 BBQ .
Don't know if this is any help but we found people were interested in bartering. We gave away some of our white goods, including the washing machine, to pull in our buyer. Front loaders aren't as common as over here as in SA and I figured I'd wait to see what sort of plumbing we had in our next home. It's different for top loaders. Also threw in all my curtains (probably wouldn't fit new windows anyway). I was careful not to give away anything I really wanted to keep, especially anything I knew would be really expensive in SA. First home buyers might find the added extras attractive so if they come back you might be able to get them to offer a better price if they thought you might throw in a few extras. These could include bits you might not have wanted to take anyway.
Sadly no one was interested in my old sofa now that the kids have trashed it. It would have saved us dumping it. Don't think the customs people would let it in anyway. It looks suspiciously grotty! Threatened to throw the kids into the deal at one stage when they were naughty.
aarrhh sorry gill about your house sale
youve had a crap time with it at the moment aint you
hope you get some joy soon gurl
am glad we rented ours out now i would be
crawling the walls if i was in your shoes
oh ye i am crawling the walls at the M.I.Ls
never mind only 2/3 months to go
catch you later gill and fingers crossed
Cheeky B...ards !!!!
uote=cunnah10;44119]First time buyers came back with an offer £20k under the NEW asking price (already dropped ot over £30k)
No way would we consider it - would be £50k less than the original asking price!
Oh well HEYHO such is life!!![/quote]
There just trying it on!!! hang in there , they could come back with a better offer tomoz. Hope you get some luck soon along with the rest of us !! OH isn;t to optimistic at the moment though, and she;s adamant that were not going to rent it out. good luck to us all in thi sh.t situation/visas need to be activated.I think we;ll need it. wayne n louise.
BL***Y G**ts, hopefully they will come back with something sensible
I have many friends here in Adelaide trying to sell their house in the Uk. They had lower offers before they left for Adelaide now they wished they had accepted them as just want to get rid of their house. A couple of my friends on the other hand decided to rent their houses out for a year and wait to see if the housing market improves in the UK. Just remember you will have to send money back if any repairs need doing.
I personally can not see the market falling in Adelaide as has slowed down at the moment due to the high interest rates. Adelaide is one of the only affordable states in Australia if you compare with other states such as Sydney and Perth. You will have younger people moving interstate to afford to buy a home in Adelaide also.
From what I read in the papers recently, prices are not dropping but the movement of houses is slowing down due to the high interest rates here.
Originally Posted by Diane
I guess its becoming a buyers market here too as vendors are more open to accepting offers below the asking price.