Sports Clothes

Guest sprayer

Guest sprayer

Hello

I am trying to take my mind off selling the house and getting the visa.

I was wondering what to do about clothes for my 11 year old. All he wears is tracksuits, trainers and anything sporty. (he refuses to wear jeans, trousers or anything nice:biglaugh:)

Would it be better to stock up on trainers etc.. in UK and bring them with us or is it cheaper to buy in Oz. Also is Oz upto date with fashion? I've heard that Oz is about 20 years behind us in most things.

Thanks

Jill

Australia has its own fashion sense and is more up to date with trends, but it is whether the public wishes to wear the items. Summer fashion is very casual. I wouldn't worry about what your son wears, he may change his style to what the kids wear here pretty quickly here anyway. Also boys tend to wear their hair a little longer and no1s or 2s shortness are not common, these being reserved for balding men. Not saying your son has short hair, but have seen quite a few lately, obviously english and with very short hair.

Guest Rob and Clare
Australia has its own fashion sense and is more up to date with trends, but it is whether the public wishes to wear the items. Summer fashion is very casual. I wouldn't worry about what your son wears, he may change his style to what the kids wear here pretty quickly here anyway. Also boys tend to wear their hair a little longer and no1s or 2s shortness are not common, these being reserved for balding men. Not saying your son has short hair, but have seen quite a few lately, obviously english and with very short hair.

Rachiegarlo, whilst i think you know more about australia and adelaide than most of us, Fashion is not one of australia's strong points, :-) Not that I mind it too much, because over here I feel like Jean Paul Gaultier compared to the locals.

Fashion is something Australian's read about once but dare not try in case they had to cut off the rat tail or shave the beard. ha ha

But Jill, Rachie is correct, for your kids to fit in they will want to wear what their friends wear, and that will probably be board shorts and thongs (flip flops), but i may be tempted if i was you to get some flip flops from the Uk as they are generally better than the flip flops you can get here... I'm sorry I love so much about australia but clothes is not one of them.

As for the trainers you can get a lot of designs here to, not the most up to date, but still a fair choice and they are comparble to the Uk in price.

Good luck with the move...

Guest sprayer

Thanks for your comments.

My son does have short hair but has tried to grow it longer many times. However when it gets to a certain length he is always picked on at school. I've told him he should grow it when we arrive in Australia.

With regard to the clothes, I will wait until we get there and he can choose clothes to fit in with his new mates.

Jill