Sheidow Park Enlightenment Please

Guest FlyByNight

Guest FlyByNight

Posted this on the 'welcome' thread (having only just got round to posting on PIA) but figured more of you might view it if I posted the questions here instead.

I have numerous questions and they will no doubt come out over time but for starters, we are keen to send our kids to the Woodend Primary School in Sheidow Park following a fact finding holiday Nov last year. Our friend already has her daughter there so we had a look and liked what we saw.

Can anyone give comments on the Sheidow Park area as a place to live. Or even comments on the school would be interesting to hear.

Also, I have a job already lined up at the Burns Unit in the Royal Adelaide Hospital and would appreciate any comments / advice on commuting there from the Sheidow Park-ish area, bearing in mind that I will be doing shift work. We bought an Adelaide 'UBD Street Directory' (like an A-Z) so can approximate areas close to the school easily.

Finally for now - I am really pleased to get round to posting on here as we have been logging on now for months but all our questions have been answered by other threads - leaving us little to contribute.........until now, as the ever elusive Case Officer should imminently be getting allocated and we can proceed to Meds & Police checks.

Guest Libby1971

We rented in Sheidow Park when we got here. We lived in a nice place in a cu de sac next door but one to the school.

Our youngest went to Woodend. It was great at making her feel calm and relaxed. She settled well and they have a good record of making new migrants feel relaxed.

I recommend it